Frightening 'Polititcian'?

(Bill Morgan) #1

Trump is absolutely scarey, if he is stable, God help the rest of Humanity :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Timothy Cole) #2

I think he’s brilliant, we were in the US when he got elected and I picked up some campaign stuff which is proudly exhibited at home.

(Bill Morgan) #3

Dear me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Timothy Cole) #4

Don’t understand, what’s not to like?

(Bill Morgan) #5

I suppose you’re trying to be ‘amusing’, it’s not making me smile Tim, :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Helen Wright) #6

By many accounts president trump…the actual human being has performed many acts of kindness…and by all accounts president assad is the world’s most popular leader…gaining 88% of his country’s vote…he’s also intelligent and articulate and trained as a doctor in the U.K…trump is most definitely unpredictable at the moment…one week North Korea was the “boogeyman”…then nothing…now trump is back pedalling and back flipping and looking again at the transpacific partnership…and cooling his rhetoric against Russia and Syria…he’s like a loose canon…either an out of control pin ball or is there a method in his apparent madness…??? Either way the public have no appetite for more wars…a hashtag currently trending is “not in my name Theresa may…” pointing out the hypocrisy of selling weapons to Saudia Arabia whilst supporting military action in Syria …the president of France has just met with the Saudi crown prince whilst 75 per cent of the French want the French president to suspend arms exports to Saudia Arabia and the UAE…Yemen…???

(Bill Morgan) #7

As I said on a thread I started, too many insecure leaders, looking for a distraction from their domestic issues, a war is always, the ultimate distraction, and Trump needs a distraction, if Assad is the most popular, I would guess, Trump is the most globaly reviled, ridiculed, certainly in need of a distraction!

(Timothy Cole) #8

Trump is doing okay at home, the economy is still growing and his core support is still there. He’s no more than a puppet who’s strings are being pulled by hardline conservatives. Similarly I don’t believe TM is a warmonger but she has been given no choice but to go along with whatever the US does.

@Bill, you have to see the comical side of the US electing someone like Trump and you have to laugh at the madness of his tweets if not you’d be suicidal.

(Bill Morgan) #9

Sorry, we don’t share the same sense of humour Tim, I find nothing about him, faintly amusing :roll_eyes:

(Peter Juselius) #10

Trump is a mythomaniac. I worked for a while with a guy like that, first really difficult to understand what was going on, so much desinformation coming out of him that normal logically thinking humans cannot keep up.

Trump is a textbook version of a mythomaniac.

(Jane Williamson) #11

I do believe you are right.
The worrying thing is it seems that half the US electorate have the same problem.

(Peter Juselius) #12

Not sure that is the case. For years I listened to FoxNews (yes, I am ashamed) before I realised their game. I switched to other news channels for breakfast ’ news’ .
When they read the head lines it sounded like this: ’ thousands killed in bla bla bla, tornado warning in following counties: bla, bla , AND we show you the best and cheapest teeth whitening product … :tired_face: . If you are in a hurry to go to work, maybe you don’t reflect much, or maybe you do and realise the thruthiness of 'them news …

The game is to keep as many as possible ignorant.