From property purchase through renovation

We have got there, all work done.

We bought the house about 2 years ago and have been fairly busy working on it for the last 18 months.

Now we need to get some clients in the gite.

6 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful @Mat_Davies ! Where are you advertising it? I would have thought people would flock to it…

1 Like

Lovely, like the simplicity. And that you’ve not filled it up with knick-knacks.

(And not the same bunch of flowers in all the photos. Cheapskates you are not!)

1 Like

We you say that… My wife is a florist for weddings!

Stunning Mat!!!

1 Like

No wonder they look nice, even if they have been swapped around.

Looks brilliant!

What a lot of work must have gone into that. It’s lovely.

If it’s not a rude question, where did you get the console table in the hall?

I have just looked at the top of this topic and the, early photos were pretty gruesome of the work to come.

I will ask my personal shopper (wife) where the table came from.

Apparently Ebay many years ago in UK - so may be tricky getting one!

It is Brocante season so just keep an eye out!

1 Like

Thanks @Mat_Davies

Wow, wow and more wow Mat. just fabulous. So glad you’ve got the before and after photos. It’s really important to remember what you achieved and years on it’s easy to forget. I made a photobook of our restoration which I leave in the gite for our guests to read - they love it.

1 Like

So have we! It’s a great thing to have apart from us looking so much younger!

2 Likes

That’s interesting - I was toying with the idea but I had been told guests wouldn’t be interested - If I were a guest I would be keen to know.

After the local map, it is the most well thumbed booklet in the gîte. We’ve had to replace it once already.

Some might not be, but our experience has been they find it fascinating. Also, it’s a way of increasing their emotional involvement in you and what you’ve done and our experience has been that they then take better care of the place because they can get an idea of all the effort that has gone in to create it. It becomes more than “just” a gite for them. Part of building a relationship that leads to repeat business. :grin:

6 Likes

Absolutely stunning. Brilliant workmanship.

1 Like

Fantastic work and a lot of flair in evidence in terms of internal/external finishes. When you get time, it would be good to hear what you would do differently if you were doing it again, and also whether you came in on budget - probably against the odds given the way material costs have risen in recent years . . . . .