Garden railway

I’ve got an idea or urge (!) to think about building a model railway in my garden (Brittany, dep 22) …has anybody got one, done one or can give advice!!..who says SF is only has run of the mill questions…

1 Like

what a lovely idea…
Be interesting to see if you do go full steam ahead…

Brother-in-law has an extensive indoor railway, perhaps I should hint that he makes a tunnel through the wall and extends the whole thing to the great outdoors.

1 Like

Only if i can find somebody to give help and guidance here in France…i could probably have managed in the UK…but couldn’t have afforded the garden i now have here.

Something like this?

Not a sit on one, that’s far too ambitious…an O Guage or Guage 1

Do you live in any of these Departments? Maybe find a French enthusiast? Les grands passionnées de train - L'atelier du train

@strudball

If you can find a French group of enthusiasts, it might be well worth joining them…
It’s amazing how the language skills improve when like-minded folk are talking together…

3 Likes

Ever since she was little (she’s now 31) my daughter has loved model railways. I was in Hamburg in 2016 and stumbled upon this…

and she’s wanted to visit it ever since and we made it last week. We spent nearly seven hours there. Great fun.

This is the Provence section…

3 Likes