Gardening programmes

Does anyone have any recommendations for gardening programmes on French TV that are worth watching ?

1 Like

Saturday afternoon France5 Silence ça pousse ! - been running for years

1 Like

No! Hate them all
(particularly silence, ça pousse!)

What about ones on UK TV?

Some of those I can stomach although rarely watch them
but question was about French ones!

(I subscribe to magazines instead
)

The reason I asked is that I find gardening programmes (French or English) VERY irritating and I wondered if you felt the same. Briefly, some years back I joined a gardening club - same thing, irritating.

The reason? I’d rather be out gardening than stuck indoors watching/listening to someone talking about gardening!

1 Like

Stéphane Marie is excellent imo. The « ça pousse junior ! » on Saturday morning is excellent in the way he explains things to youngsters and gets them in there, and their hands dirty in practical terms.
I’ve learnt quite a bit from watching him over the years.

Entirely agree! Although some of the YouTube clips from programmes are useful for checking techniques from time to time - although out old fashioned real books work well too.

1 Like

exactly - Stéphane and Carole do a book review every week

Sorry you won’t be able to persuade me as I find them very, very irritating people!

It takes all sorts.
Stéphane is a very accomplished artist, to boot and produces some wonderful drawings of garden reno jobs he works on. Carole is a journo and appears regularly on news magazine programs on French TV.
However, do remember that recommendation was for the OP who may not have your aversions.
Personally, I find Monty Don an irritation.

Ahhh see I love Monty!

Have you read his book “A French Garden Journey”? I loved it

No, I haven’t. Sadly no space for books currently either!

You’d be surprised where we have managed to put books :smiley: Of course, I live in a tip so

Yes
we obviously have different tastes! Someone once very kindly gave me a book of his sketches, which went straight to Emmaus. My landscape teachers would not have been impressed if I submitted those.

I feel like somehow I’ve stepped into both a meeting of the StĂ©phane fan club, and ‘the angry exes of StĂ©phane‘ luncheon club all at once.

Please! The very idea of being an ex of his sends me into a decline
:scream_cat:

1 Like

We love ‘Gardening Australia’ mainly as they such lovely birds!!

Sorry, ‘have’ such lovely birds. (been a long day!)