General whinge!

Ok I just need to let off steam here...

At the end of last year my husband decided to terminate his enterprise as he had had no work for some considerable months and we were managing quite well on my earnings as market trader and caterer.

We pay an accountant although we could probably handle most matters ourselves. The reason for this is because when we receive any communication from any of the bureaucratic bodies that we deal with we can just call/email/pop into our accountants office, explain the problem and they sort it all out for us. And believe me they are worth every penny!!

They kindly downloaded the relevant form to close the business and completed all the relevant sections relating to his business. HIS name, HIS SIRET number. HE signed it and off it went...

LO! A few days later we get a phone call. The RSI could not locate HIS business details (?) so decided to close MINE instead. MY name, My SIRET number.....

The girl at the accountants office (lovely girl - knows what she is doing) notices and informs me and deals with it.. I have nothing to do apparently - it is sorted...

3 months later I am trying to pay my cotisations online (easiest way to do it) and the website tells me that as my business started only in January I did not need to pay until July... Well, I thought, this is simply an administrative thing relating to their cock up. No problem I can wait 3 months and pay in July. Here we are in July. I try again. Same message. Hmmmmm better contact them. Email sent. Get a phone call in reply."Madame, you cannot pay your cotisations because you closed your business at the end of 2012. You should not be trading. You can do nothing until 2013 when you can register your business for trade"

I call my accountants office. Lovely girl on maternity leave. New contact assures me he will call them, which he does. They insist that I have closed my business. They seem not to have made any note of THEIR error.

ARGHHHHHHH!

Sometimes I hate this place! Although generally the good outweighs the bad . At least I have SOMEONE to help me with all this - imagine the nightmare of trying to sort it all out myself....OMG now I'm worrying that they haven't closed HIS business at all and we will be lumbered with bills we shouldn't be paying...

Better check that tomorrow as well...

Ok - thanks for listening... Steam let off now..

cant help, but feel your pain!! best of luck, & I hope they did close his or else things are really going to get complicated....