Getting a British car registered in France

No, I didn’t know, and no one has ever imparted that gem of information before. Please expand!

Not any more. Now it’s online only and is it a performance. We gave up and took it to our French next door neighbour. After one hour he was actually banging his head on his computer table saying repeatedly “only in France”
It seems you have no way of paying even though we tried just received an email telling us we haven’t paid, dugh but still omits telling you how. Please note that here in the de Sevres there is no contact personally with the staff.
What a performance.
By the way our neighbour is very computer savvy being a programmer. Says it all really.

I have registered with the ANTS web site. From there you will have choices with regard to which service you require. I bought a french car yesterday using the new system - took less than 5 mins to re register it!
Doing an import with this new system looks a little daunting but I will be giving it a go soon. If you are struggling a local Peugeot dealer or similar may be a local assigned garage who is authorised to do the application for you. They usually charge 30 to 40 euros for this on top of the normal registration fee.