Getting a Carte Vitale

If you are working, is CPAM the correct caisse for you to be applying to?

So the latest is
my dragon has retired. Our new lady is lovely and was kind enough to explain.

I was not economically active so therefore my application went to a special holding centre where they sit on applications for years. As I now qualify for chaumage I am now economically active and they can process me locally.

Sure enough a few weeks later I get a letter. My nice lady explains it is a mistake, they are looking for a missing tampon. Rings the manager so I am expecting my photo request form soon.

Lesson. If you want a carte vitale get a days employment as anything, then it will be processed.

Don’t agree at all. We arrived already retired-no S1. When we applied for carte vital everything went through in about 4 months (including August!) Our papers all went to Nimes but we dealt with local smaller office with very helpful staff. I think it just depends.
By the way-I still appear as a dependant under my husband’s ameli account. I have my own card and I can print an attestation but only by going in under his number. Should I do anything to change this?

Not unless you want to. Anyone who was registered as a dependent prior to the changes last year can continue as they are until the cut off date. Which I believe is 2020 but I’m sure they’ll tell you. But if you want to change over to cover in your own right before then, you can.

Thanks Anna-doesn’t seem worth doing it the moment as hubby gets his S1 next year and we’ll have to visit the CPAM office to sort that out so might do it then.

Hi, Karen. Both my wife and I are under retirement age and have moved here. We applied jointly for our CV’s in January. Still waiting. Been told it could take several more months still.
We also have supplied them with the Newcastle letter showing that we are no longer covered by UK. CPAM told us to be prepared for a bit of a wait.
Have heard horror stories of this process taking up to a year.
Have you tried the CPAM English speaking 'phone number? Might help.

Hi Mike, I’m just wondering how your journey to acquire the CV is going? We are in a similar situation and visited our CPAM with completed forms 736 and requested documents almost two weeks ago. Yesterday we received form 710 to complete along with a list of other documents they want. We aren’t fluent but muddle our way through with google translate and dictionaries! :blush:

Daisy Johnston http://www.survivefrance.com/u/daisy_johnston
August 13

Hi Mike, I’m just wondering how your journey to acquire the CV is going?
We are in a similar situation and visited our CPAM with completed forms 736
and requested documents almost two weeks ago. Yesterday we received form
710 to complete along with a list of other documents they want. We aren’t
fluent but muddle our way through with google translate and dictionaries! [image:
:blush:]

Visit Topic
http://www.survivefrance.com/t/getting-a-carte-vitale/12903/87 or reply
to this email to respond.

In Reply To
Mike Bartlett http://www.survivefrance.com/u/mike_bartlett
July 6
Hi, Karen. Both my wife and I are under retirement age and have moved
here. We applied jointly for our CV’s in January. Still waiting. Been told
it could take several more months still. We also have supplied them with
the Newcastle letter showing that we are no longer covered by UK. CPAM told
us to

Visit Topic
http://www.survivefrance.com/t/getting-a-carte-vitale/12903/87 or reply
to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
http://www.survivefrance.com/email/unsubscribe/a8d21e6f30235983ce23d68f9a7fef2e38d7ca23deb810d09f497e8f3be13f59

Hi Daisy.
Thanks for getting in touch. We’re finally there with our C.V. We applied
in January at our local CPAM branch with a wheel barrow of paperwork. Our
French isn’t brilliant, but we got through. In April, we had a letter
asking for another wheelbarrow of paperwork. Some I think was sent on the
first batch. This we sent to Nimes within a few days after putting it all
together.
Last week, we recieved our attestation with our Social security number on
it. All in all it took 6 months.
Hang on in there, it just takes time here.
Best of luck.
Mike

That’s brilliant news - well done! We realise we are only at the very beginning of our adventure, but will try and be patient. The letter we received has the beginnings of a no de sĂ©curitĂ© sociale on it so at least we are on the system somewhere!

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll probably be on here again in due course, either complaining or smugly congratulating myself
 :joy: Time will tell!

1 Like

Daisy

I’ve no idea where the letter came from, which requested more paperwork
 but I would suggest you take the letter and the paperwork into your local CPAM rather than just posting it off anywhere

That way the local office is kept in the loop
 they can ensure forms are completed correctly
and by putting the papers into their hands
 there can be no worry about stuff going adrift in the post.

Just an idea
 worked well for us
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience Stephen, if I make it to France I have been warned.
Are things just the same with an S1?
My parents are both retired are want to move with me.

I believe S1 applications are processed locally unlike applications from EU ressortissant residents which have a central processing centre in Nümes. As long as France is sure a person has a valid S1 they’ll happily put that person on the books because he or she won’t cost France anything, the S1 confirms that UK is responsible for paying their bills. Nümes checks more carefully to make sure you meet the criteria before it agrees to take responsibility for you. So your parents will probably be sorted before you are!

An update for you, nearly 2 years in France and still no carte vitale. My case ís with assistance sociale. They promised I would finally get the document 6 weeks ago hah! They keep rejecting my birth certificate as no tampon, despite knowing no UK birth certificates have tampons and legitimacy is in the watermark. My diabetes is out of control and I cannot get a complimentere. I have an attestation des droits. My husband (French) got his in 9 months as he had his no de sécu already. I think this could be a record.

If you have a valid attestation des droits, then it makes no difference whether or not you have carte vitale.

1 Like

Today, only 6 weeks after application we received our attestation de droits.
We now have to choose a medecin and presumably inform cpam.
Do we make a rdv with a medecin and do they give us a form to send? Also will a carte vitale be posted automatically or do we have to do anything? Thanks all.

Here’s the form to download for you / your MT to complete.

Normally (!) your CPAM will send you the relevant CV forms to complete i.e. with photo etc.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m beyond excited. So impressed with the quick turnaround.

1 Like

Teresa - it’s a plastic card - just trying to manage your expectations! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Some MTs can fill in the form online directly in their ameli espace professional, but as well to take one with you which you can download from ameli site.

You will have to pay for the appointment but will get a feuille de soins that you have to send in to your CPAM office (keep a copy) so you can now get back 65-100%.

If they haven’t already had photos from you, you will probably receive a letter in a few weeks which you have to send back with photos. And them you get your CV a few weeks after that. Until then the attestation does everything.

1 Like

It means I can ride my bike now! Even with private insurance I didn’t dare risk it before. Will have to arrange a mutuelle now.

1 Like