Getting a French Dictionary onto Kindle loaded on an android tablet

As usual, I’m being floored by modern technology! Sorry, yet again I’m asking for help please. I have an android tablet onto which I have loaded Kindle and I thought great I can download the french book we are reading in our conversation class and highlight any words I don’t understand and get a definition. Sadly, that doesn’t happen. And (of course) I am struggling to understand the help pages I have found on google. Has anyone any experience of this and if so, please could you explain to me what I have to do. (My original small kindle seems to have a french dictionary inbuilt, but if possible I’d like one on my tablet because it gives me a nice big page of text.)

Does this help http://blog.mikeasoft.com/2011/01/05/free-as-in-gpl2-translation-dictionaries-for-the-kindle/ It speaks about a German to English but the same procedure applies for English to French and French to English which is shown lower down the page

Hello Paul, apologies for my slow response and thanks for the link. I’ll give it a go.

Just looked at the link and realised it’s referring to a Kindle and not a kindle app on android, so slightly different. Found another link which told me to press the french word on my android screen and then a box would open and say “download dictionary” - it worked. Don’t quite know why it wouldn’t do so before.
Thanks again for your help.