Gibraltar's future at stake in Brexit negotiations

Such a surpriseā€¦ Not !

Amazing TM did not include this in the orginal letter she sent, instead of ā€˜implyingā€™ the withholding of security information for tradeā€¦,Doh !

Martin

It does seem like a surprising and glaring omission.
On the other hand, I was surprised in the opposite direction to see how much awareness the EUā€™s response showed regarding the implications for Ireland. It made a point of saying they would do all they could to find a ā€œcreativeā€ solution.
I have to say that up to press, the EU seems to have a clearer grasp of the ā€œbigger pictureā€ and the peripheral issues that Britain needs to keep a close eye on, than TM does.

1 Like

Which Anna, is surprising, as we (UK) have had 9 months to get this first part of the negotiation ā€˜water tightā€™.

Disgraceful that they had to get security of European citizens (and our so called allies) even remotely connected to getting a good deal. That is just madness and surprising no one advised against it.

Quite sad seeing UK Gov trying to backtrack, when itā€™s in the letter, for all to seeā€¦

Martin

ā€˜Project fearā€™ predicted it all, go back and read what the ā€˜expertsā€™ said because most of it is going to come to pass. If anyone thinks those that bankrolled the ā€˜leaveā€™ campaign didnā€™t know what would happen they need to think again! ā€˜Little englandā€™ is about to get a whole lot smaller and even more insignificant. So they have 'ā€˜controlā€™ but if what?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure David.

I think they believe it will not be that bad (Leavers) and all the bad news which is coming, is the fault of those ā€˜rotten bureaucratsā€™ in the EU, which is causing all the problems.

Just wait for the negative comments from The Daily Mail re future negotiation from the EU sideā€¦

Martin