Gite or apartment in Aude area

Hi folks,

I am coming to Aude in October to house hunt, and need a place to stay for a couple of weeks.

Do any of you have or know someone who has a gite / letting near the following places:

Lagrasse, Tuchan, Couiza, Limoux, Mirepoix or anywhere in between. I am looking for a rental for 2-3 weeks, and will be alone for most of it.

Also, if any of you are interested in a coffee or lunch please PM me, I would be delighted to stand you lunch in return for your knowledge and experience of living in those areas. (I am very aware that it is your own experience, but that counts for a lot in my book, I can get facts online officially, and here)

Also, if you have any links for english speaking immobiliers in the Aude dept, please feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

Just to note I am not interested in any areas above the A61, but will consider the very north of the PO dept and very east of Ariege.

Many many thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Elaine,

I am in Lagrasse & run B&B (except that breakfast not served as there is a kitchen so self catering)and I manage gites in and around Lagrasse :www.stay-in-lagrasse.com .....and I work as estate agent so feel free to call.

Shona

Thanks danny,

After looking at her site - that's exactly what I did :)

And thanks again...

It is fantastic isn't it...but give Carolyn a shout anyway.

They may well be able to point you in the right direction. And if I think of anywhere else in the meantime I'll be sure to let you know.

Courage...

Hi Danny,

Thanks so much for the link - oh how I would LOVE to stay there - however, I need independence for cooking and working, and the cottage is way beyond my price range.

My, what a beautiful place, I may have to call in :)

Hi Elaine.

I'd recommend you try Carolyn Chez Maison Bleue (I think she's on here too) who's lovely and slap bang in the middle of your area. She runs a b&b and self-contained gîte in a lovely little village.

Good luck with your search.