Glorious French Youtube channel

I found this wonderful Youtube channel. The life of a French family in a medieval village near Menton. She speaks mostly in English but there is a smattering of French too. This is the most recent video. Most of them are shorter than this.

4 Likes

Looks like Sospel or Peille, lovely villages but the road to get there from Nice is horrendous, or was years ago, I used to go with my great-grandmother to visit her retired employees in several of those villages :slightly_smiling_face:

Edited because ‘lovely’ had come out as ‘overly’ and I hadn’t noticed.

2 Likes

I’ve seen in another of her videos that it’s Gorbio. It’s absolutely beautiful.
Izzy x

1 Like

I stumbled upon their channels not so long ago… I’ve become addicted to watching videos of people doing house renovations and stumbled upon this one par hasard…

I should add, in my head I’d love to do such a renovation project but I’m absolutely useless at DIY so I know it would be a disaster if I ever attempted it :grin:

1 Like

I watch this one - a mad Englishman renovating a fire-damaged (or more accurately destroyed) chateau in the Creuse - mostly single-handed.

https://www.youtube.com/@escapetoruralfrance

Watching him clamber around three storeys up with minimal safety gear on does rather trigger anxiety though…

2 Likes

Haha, that’s another one I’m subscribed to as well :grin: He’s started doing daily videos which is a bit much for me so I drop in every week or so to check his latest stuff. Think he was working on a brick arch in the last one I saw.

I’ve recently also started watching the videos made by this French couple who are renovating an old barn… I’m probably about 15 or so videos in. I’m keen to see how things turn out. I like that they’re doing so much of the work themselves but sometimes they ask for advice about things which they should probably be asking a builder.

https://youtube.com/@Renovacile

1 Like

No I can’t watch Dan on a daily basis either, but it’s interesting to see his progress!

Thanks for the other suggestion, that one will help with my French comprehension!

1 Like

Where is it located, @Gareth ? I looked at the first preview one and the roof is identical to ours…

I think it’s mostly this one…

TOITURE et ARASE :grin: - EP21 - maison en rénovation

Although there is a couple of videos beforehand showing where they dismantled the old roof.

As I say, I’m not sure how much I’d trust them considering they often ask random people on the internet to suggest how best to do certain tasks :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hmmm… the degree of trust people have in the internet is remarkable!