Going off topic

That bit of information is a little gem, David, I’m glad you shared it. :+1:

2 Likes

Ha ha.

I’ve seen other forums where you click for side topics. 20 years ago, The motley fool.com did it.

Some might like wittering on I can’t find the information without reading through endless drivel.

I left a serious response to a serious question. A few days later, 464 replies mainly off topic.

I only have a smartphone as no internet here. Ages trawling through and never found my original reply. Thumb ache from swiping up up up.

Maybe I should see a doctor? Queue off topic health system posts…

You could try tapping on your avatar you should get a box with your name, tap on your name another box should appear with a profile including 'posts created ’ by your self tap that and you can find your posts. Or you could use the search function and enter a couple of words know you used this may bring your post up
And you could try not referring to other members posts as drivel. You do not know people’s circumstances for some this forum maybe a lifeline to other people

1 Like

One person’s drivel could be another persons information ! :rofl:

3 Likes

“Some might like wittering on”
It would seem so.

“I can’t find the information without reading through endless drivel.”
Drivel?

3 Likes

Is this your serious response to a serious question? Or is the other post that you made on the same thread… the off topic post about getting married in Las Vegas?

1 Like

Its hard to come back…but ya gotta face reality! (My personal opinion)

2 Likes

@Michael_McClure what was the outcome of your elderly neighbour… and the dogs… ???

1 Like

Where have you been, Megz? :thinking: Back to sunny California?

2 Likes

Ive been dealing with adjusting to life here!! Doing my very best to keep my sunshine spirit! Thank you for asking…how have you been??
Temps have really dropped here! -5 last night!!!:snowflake:

2 Likes

My “awakening/awareness” of ”beingness” beyond the physical limitations of our 5 senses was a near death experience on the birth of my second daughter…

I agree though that what can be gleaned from such experiences have to be “bought back” and utilised to good effect in the playground of “reality” if we are to make a difference…x :slight_smile:

Naval gazing doesn’t hack it…x :smiley:

I think that’s what is known as being hoist with one’s own petard ! :rofl:

1 Like

Meghann,
I’ve wondered too, if you had popped back to Cali for some Christmas shopping & a top up tan.
Thought you’d be coming up with Christmas posts of all all sorts.
-5 in the North of Burgundy this morning & -6 forecast for 2nite, but a very warm +6 for tomorrow afternoon then temps rising a little for the week to come. Hoping for snow on Xmas eve but do so every Xmas.
If you want see something more Christmasey than the North of France, get a ticket for the South coast of England Folkstone, Ashford, Canerbury, Ramsgate, Margate, etc or London. in the last couple of weeks in December it’s all Christmas. But dress up warm it’s as cold & humid as the North of France.
Keep that sunshine spirit Cali Girl.

3 Likes

Very tempted i have been to head home…but i dont like to lose life battles! I will do my best to stay here and conquer every obstacle that lies before me!
I did sell a book wreath to a lady in Lille…and of course im always finding ways to be creative!

Yogurt jars into candle holders!

2 Likes

Much easier (and nicer) to drive to Germany.

1 Like

David,
I agree, I’ve have had some great times in Germany around Christmas & they certainly do Christams! But not sure Meganne speaks, so thought an English speaking country would suit. Frohe Weihnachten. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sould say But not sure Meganne speaks German.

1 Like

Ramsgate or Margate? Aachen or Ahrweiller? No choice really. :slight_smile:
Plenty of English spoken in Aachen, Monchengladbach, Köln and Düsseldorf. Go to Bitburg or Trier and there will be plenty of Americans too.

Hey David,
Just thinking of an American girl in France which maybe a bit looking for a few homelies @ this time of year (language, Christmas culture, a few more decorations & a few things more Christmasie than you will ever find in France, the front of houses & store fronts lit up with decorations, flashing lights & good atmosphere in the pubs etc. HO Ho ho.
Les gouts et les couleurs der Geschmack und die Farben?

1 Like

We’ve normally got plenty of Christmassie ho ho ho…flashing lights/songs etc etc… but events over the past month have put rather a damper on things…:thinking: