Going to a french language school + looking for some advice

Always good to see some James Randi…

2 Likes

As long as there is a business plan that gives a solid indication that the business would earn the required amount of money then yes. I know you were probably joking but there are a lot of astrologers and voyances around. For me it’s no different from people going to church to get comfort and inspiration. And if that’s what works for them it’s harmless. Actually much less harmless as people don’t fight wars over those with different star signs.

3 Likes

Knowing how seriously those in India take astrology, it would not be a surprise to find that they have had wars based on astrological suggestion.

1 Like

Certainly astrology has been used for millennia to decide when is the most propitious time to go to war.

Some of the top Nazis were convinced

1 Like

Obviously watching the wrong stars then. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Don’t worry - they have plenty more to choose from! To misquote Groucho Marx: “If you don’t like these predictions, I have others…”

2 Likes

Depends on how you look at them, this example is from The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon.

3 Likes

It’s quite obviously a cafetera.

1 Like

Tsss tsss Orion on the left, naturally. Actually I love Orion, so nice and easy to identify. I’m going to be in the southern hemisphere next summer and I’m really looking forward to looking at the night sky seeing everything will be different.

2 Likes

Where are you going? I really miss the sky’s in Oz, particularly the southern cross :heart_eyes: :australia:

1 Like

I’m off to Melbourne but I’m going to go elsewhere too - I have 5 weeks to play with :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Are you mad? Melbourne in winter :rofl: How exciting! On your own? If you need a chaperone… :rofl:

3 Likes

Hope we’re going to get a travel blog / photos from you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My thoughts entirely, I arrived in Melbourne one winter’s day, walked along an east/west street to find a mate’s work address, turned a corner and was almost cut in half by a blast directly from the South Pole. :astonished:

I was on the overnight Aurora that evening to Sydney. :joy: :rofl:

Will still appreciate the pics though @vero :wink: :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, please share photos.

1 Like

I’m not going until next July - I can’t wait! I shall take photos but I’m rubbish at photography unlike most of you so don’t expect too much :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Found it very romantic (in an innocent sense!) to be living beneath the Southern Cross, but also found my sense of direction goes awry in the Southern Hemisphere. The reverse may be why my wife,if left to her own devices, frequently goes in the wrong direction whether walking or driving. Currently reading about m/f brain differences, but believe this is about N/S. Would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this form of disorientation when changing hemispheres

Incidentally, being on David Crosby’s sail boat was also the inspiration for Wooden Ships