Good afternoon all, what are you up to this weekend?

Bill, ???

Hi Mary, I meant on what are considered by the organisers as professionals and for tax purposes too, worth looking into :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Bill, thanks; that does make sense, and no doubt has to be relevant to the event, to boot :slight_smile:

1 Like

working as always 7 days a week, although cuddling dogs and relaxing in my home with dogs can hardly be called work. long hours though but we love it

1 Like

Hi James - doing much the same as every one else. yesterday the weather was fantastic here in Sillans la Cascade, but today its miserable raining & cold. So instead of shopping, we decided to start the fire and cosy up in front with some nice Zinfadel Rose (Spring Valley California 2016) a very palatable drop.

1 Like

Well, this weekend is very different than it should have been. Our village, Loupia, was due to host the 2018 Toques et Clochers celebration. This is sponsored by the largest Blanquette company, Sieur D’Arques. The basis of the event is that a church has repairs carried out and is redecorated and then there is a day of celebration in the village. We have 230 residents and would have had 20,000-30,000 visitors. There have been all sorts of things being made, planned and executed for over a year. And then, yesterday, 40kms away in Carcassonne, then Trebes, some idiot, (guess the word I really want to use), decided to go off piste. We know Trebes well, if our car hadn’t broken down there when on holiday 6 years ago we wouldn’t be living here now.

Very obviously the way our village feels is nothing compared to the shock of the people of Trebes but we are a very deflated village today.

There’s good news and bad news… the good news is it didn’t rain on me today… the bad news is that the buis is in flower and stinks to high heaven… :upside_down_face::zipper_mouth_face::roll_eyes:

Well I have spent the day running around like a headless chicken - but have got most of it done! And managed to buy this as a present for James :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Goodness a glorious Phillips radio… does it have valves or a cat’s whisker??:thinking:… or, even a crystal… :sunglasses::sunglasses:

I have no idea! But it was 10€ and I knew he’d love it! it did stop me picking the phone up to you this afternoon though - but it WILL happen! Xx

Ha ha… next year… when we’ve both got a spare moment…:relaxed:

1 Like

Hi Helen
It’s normally 2 a year ! The regulations now are much stricter (well they are in depts; 23 and 36) and you have to show proof of identity, fill in a form and also give your car registration number.
We manage to do 4 because 2 in my name and 2 in my ‘partners’ name :slight_smile:

Wonderful. Does it get Family Favourites, Worker’s Playtime, Penguin Parade, Dan Dare, The McFlannels (niche audience)??

1 Like

The Archers… and Mrs Dale’s Diary… as well I expect :relaxed::relaxed: (are these still going?)

2 Likes