Good afternoon all, what are you up to this weekend?

Hello everyone

I’ve had a good week, got plenty done, learnt a few things and I’m looking forward to the weekend.

How about you, did you have a good week, what are you planning for this weekend?

2 Likes

Cryptic emoji responses welcome

:wine_glass::cow2::tv::sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

:chipmunk::dog2::green_apple::cheese::pretzel::pretzel::cucumber::dolls::calling: walking the dog, cooking fresh food, talking to my family portable of course.apero with the neighbours NB the two oldies are not dolls but my OH and myself.:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Poor forecast here for Sat’, off for a run, Wombling round a few V Gs on Sunday I expect :thinking:

2 Likes

Tomorrow I shall be attending an all day conference on health, natural foods, relaxation, breathing techniques and Thai Chi. Lunch will be eaten at a very good little restaurant nearby to the hall. There will be 41 people for lunch and various numbers for the conference as those with children and other commitments come and go. Should be a good day. :person_in_lotus_position::martial_arts_uniform::martial_arts_uniform::walking_woman::person_in_lotus_position::astonished:
Sunday I will be finishing decorating a bedroom and moving all the furniture back. :paintbrush::paintbrush::bed::bed::sleeping::sleeping:

4 Likes

Saturday will be spent dodging the rain and collecting bouquets of buis (boxwood). OH is glad the buis is not in flower this year, as it stinks of …cat’s ppppp…:zipper_mouth_face:

After being “dealt with” on Sunday, I’ll distribute them throughout the village. for our neighbours who have not been able to organise things themselves (age//infirmity or whatever).

I shall need waterproofs outside… and a good fire and stiff drink inside… :grin::grin:

It is the custom for families to put sprigs onto the tombs in the cemetery and also to keep a sprig in the home (goodwill/goodluck or whatever). :upside_down_face::roll_eyes::wink::relaxed:

3 Likes

Depends on the weather. If dry tomorrow, wood cutting, if wet I’ve got a gite to get ready. Sunday, 1st grand prix of the season (highlights):racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::beer::beer:

2 Likes

Saturday whatever the weather will probably be out with the Collies out with the Collies and out with the Collies in between predicting a dry spell to wash a multitude of fluffy dog blankets and get them out on the washing line to dry…followed by a cold beer and crashing out to watch a DVD…Sunday most likely the same…I could get a tumble dryer but having managed almost 2 years without one then it’s no longer an item on my wish list…and don’t ask me why I have sooooo many fluffy dog blankets strewn about the place when 9 times out of 10 come crash time me and them are all piled up together…lol…They don’t care what DVD I put on but I’m hoping my next family visit from U.K. results in a few new ones…fancy the new blade runner…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers everyone, have a great weekend :slight_smile: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

I’m waiting, impatiently, for news about the apartment I want to buy, in Sancerre. The sun is shining, the snow is two feet deep, I should be sorting my stuff and instead I’m whining about lack of information. Egad. Happy weekend, everyone.

3 Likes

Still waiting Mary…??? What’s the hold up at the minute…??? Raising my bottle of cold beer to ya…what you having…??? x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Too much coffee is what I’m having. Raising the cup (I made it myself, the cup… and the coffee) to you. I’m waiting for SAUF/SPANC whomever, to report to the realtor, about whether they found the sewer setup/system is in good shape or not. That’s the holdup flavor of the minute. After that, I’ve got a thousand others. :slight_smile: Cheers

3 Likes

Sorry Bill, but what are V Gs???

1 Like

Vide-Greniers…They are sort of like “car boots” in the Uk…do you have similar in US…??? x :slight_smile:

1 Like

Helen, um… car boots; as in trunks of cars? Scenario in which ‘car boot’ would be used…“Hey Ace, got a spare tire?” “Yeah, it’s in the boot…” :slight_smile: From my (limited) experience, a car generally comes with said car boot attached. Not as separate portable thing. But then again, maybe car boot is more akin to saddle bag for a motorcycle or one of those clamshell things you can attach to the roof of the car for extra storage? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol…car boot sales in uk…I probably missed out a key word but we generally call them car boots…lol…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eh up me duck are y’off ta the car boot Sunday…??? Lol…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Helen, got it now!!! Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Might even be worth considering as another outlet to sell your creations…??? Although I seem to remember friends telling me that there is some sort of restriction…you can only do so many in a year…or something like that…not sure but worth checking out…x :slight_smile: x

2 Likes

Restrictions, thats Right Helen :slightly_smiling_face: