Good news from Lego

We’ll have to buy a couple of these new models for Christmas presents (and one for me :slightly_smiling_face:).

While I’m at it, another two great models, now retired.

So snap up your Wallace and Gromit soon.

4 Likes

I seem to remember in a Wallace and Gromit episode, the Rabbit was the villain
Just saying :joy:

1 Like

And the lighthouse is no longer available :cry:

Ours are more modest…

1 Like

I have one, unmade :slightly_smiling_face:

I think they’re all great fun. My daughter and I had a Lego room in our old family home.

1 Like

So you dont fancy having a go at this then? Only 10,001 pieces

1 Like

We bought my son Picard’s Enterprise for his birthday this year between three of us as it cost over €350 with thousands of pieces. He built it and then someone knocked it off the show stand so had to re-do a lot of it and at same time made a better larger re-inforced stand as its not a small item. Looks the bee’s knees with loads of small details. Their whole mezzanine floor is dedicated to thousands of Lego pieces built and DIL had Lego flowers brought for her birthday which stand on the cupboard

1 Like

So it didn’t Klingon?

6 Likes

Nope, went Warp speed 9 by the sounds of it

1 Like

I’ve decided to buy myself one for Christmas.

1 Like

That’ll keep you busy.

I hope so. My problem tho’ is not being able to stop once I get started!

1 Like

Resistance is futile

2 Likes

So true.

Speaking of The Borg ( :heart_eyes:), there used to be an all-things-sci-fi toy shop near me in the UK which had a life size Borg outfit in the window.
IIRC it was close to £1000.
I would have bought it had it been cheaper.

Yes, bravo. The instructions are tomes and packets and packets of pieces. Remember our mishap with the stand and perhaps find something a bit stronger if you can

Thank you. I’ll keep it in mind.

(Grinch mode on)

I’m not really a fan of these Lego models that rely on so many custom pieces.

Back in our day (by 'eck) we made things from standard Lego bricks that required a bit of imagination to create. And then had to explain to our parents what we had made because it was not necessarily obvious that it was a car, a plane or whatever :smiley:

(Grinch mode off)

6 Likes

My son kept all his childhood lego blocks which were not that many custom shaped pieces and now his 6 year old son is building with them when he doesn’t have an actual model to build. There are a lot of bargains to be had on LBC too where parents want to move on and put models up for sale for kids as we have bought several and the sellers kept all the original box and instructions.

2 Likes

Yep.
When you had made your plane, you took it apart and made a submarine from the same pieces.
Or in my own case, changed one random assembly for another one.

2 Likes