Good visit for family and kids... have you tried it?

Not seen that Nichola, maybe with more attention to animal welfare that’s changed. I was impressed though when I saw a documentary as to how much care was given to the animals. None of them were ‘forced’ to perform and in fact many were really loving to their ‘carers’ .

1 Like

they have a very very good reputation for their animal care

At the time we just a bit shocked. Not sure if health and safety would have allowed in the uk at the time, aside from the animal welfare question. It was in the themed medieval area alongside a leather workshop making bracelets as I recall.

1 Like

I have heard several incredibly positive reviews of Puy du Fou - it sounds to be well worth the visit.

For Futuroscope I have heard a couple of puzzled reviews where people seem to have been somewhat confused by it and even after leaving were not quite sure what it was.

1 Like

I guess that they had not done any research before they visited and just presumed it would be just another theme park like so many others.

1 Like

I know there are many people who are against zoos but I have to say that I have visited Beauval several times and found it a great place for a day out, with or without kids.

I have already bought my tickets for another visit this year because my mum loves seeing all the animals, and once again access is good for wheelchair users.

This family run zoo has a great reputation and has increased the size of their ‘enclosures’. The ‘carers’ seem genuinely fond of their charges and it’s classed among the top 10 zoos in the world.

https://www.zoobeauval.com/

1 Like

I drove by there by accident last summer and I couldn’t believe the traffic queues waiting to get into the car parks.

I suspect you are right. Futuroscope is very different. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but would opt for the 2-day package at least next time… so much to see and do…:relaxed: