Google Mail and attachments

To the point, any ideas why my google mail attach button won't work any more? I can't attach files to messages.

Regards

Glyn

Now I've updated google, the attachments is working on gmail.

Glyn

I hadn't but I have now. Thank you again.

Best wishes

Glyn

My pleasure.

Might also be worth your while checking you have the latest version of Chrome.

If you click on the 'spanner' (top right), then select 'About Google Chrome', it will pop up a screen showing you the version you have.

The latest version for Windows is... 18.0.1025.162

Yes! You are a genius Steve. Thank you. Because at the moment I've got to send out a lot of messages with attachements. I was think that I was going to have to set up a different account with Hotmail say that would have been a pain because no-one knows that address, and so on. Thank you again. You really have saved my life.

Best wishes

Glyn

Glyn

As an alternative, Chrome lets you drag and drop the attachments into the message.

Click and hold on the file you want then drag it into the message you are making - you should see an area appear where gmail wants you to put the attachment file.

Here's a quick guide from Google that will help...

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/drag-and-drop-attachments-onto-messages.html

As I've said Windows XP

The browser I use most is Google Chrome, but Windows Explorer is also installed but rarely used.

Regards

Glyn

Internet Explorer

or

Firefox

or

Google Chrome

are three examples.

What's a browser?

Thanks to both for the reply.

I use XP

Glyn

To help others help you, please tell us what browser you're using along with the computer operating system

I had this problem a few weeks ago, along with a few other quirks. I cleared all recent history, closed browser, rebooted, and was then able to attach. Not sure what caused the problem though. Hope this helps.