Got the sums a bit wrong

By 14 billion euros...Ooops! Looks like Hollande and Co. need to redo their CM1.

The French government faces a 14bn-euro black hole in its public finances after overestimating tax income for the last financial year.

French President Francois Hollande has raised income tax, VAT and corporation tax since he was elected two years ago.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27602312

When I did an economics paper, we used to refer to the topic as eno-comics, with greater emphasis on the latter part :-D

I once heard that economics was a fallacy as it is based on "the average man" who does not, of course, exist.

And so to my favourite song when it comes to the economists - Blue sky, nothing but blue sky.

Trouble is that they have some people with qualifications in economics who would probably be quite good working as economists. They are not, so they are coq-ing things up. Despite the sabre rattling by Mme LP a few days ago, jumping off a sinking ship ain't so easy here but they also have time to turn things back round. I shall not exert myself looking for clues that are doing that because it is an 'if' thing and 'ifs' are too often followed by 'buts'. As soon as 'but' is said we usually know it is time to give up and watch the grass grow.

I don't think there is an economist amongst any of them and the only possible one was caught waving his willy at the maid in New York.

I'm coming to the conclusion it is time for this rat to get off the sinking ship Marianne.

In budgetary terms it is peanuts. Losing it is nonetheless and of course the public will be forced to fill the black hole. Hollande's government is setting us all up for a nightmare situation one way or the other come next election.

Think our local department are trying to claw it back from me personally. Had an agreement to pay the Foncieres monthly and have been doing so. Now have had a letter from a Hussier demanding the full amount plus an extra 160 euro for non payment. Asked the lovely lady at the finance office (amongst other things!) what the extra was for. Answer 'I felt like it'. Think she was trained by Hollande.