Government fuel assistance

Does anyone know if the french govembent are helping people with utility bills, or heating oil bills under the present financial climate?

Hi Philip

If your income is below a certain threshold, I believe there is help available.

Help in a general way, has been discussed elsewhere. How the French government has been capping price rises for gas electric etc… and, of course, there’s some help with fuel costs at the pumps…

Many folk have received the exceptional 100€ one-off payment earlier in the year…

someone with serious financial difficulties should consult their Assistante Sociale and can find that person via their Mairie I reckon…

1 Like

Thank you. Looks fun to work that out. Do you know off hand if it applies to full time residents only or does it include people with a holiday home?

Ah, I hadn’t realized you were NOT Resident here in France.
Help at the pump is done automatically for all-comers…

Other Aid as per Service Public link… is available for Residents in France… as you have to be fully in the French system… it links to your French Declaration of Worldwide Income and other stuff.

If you are Resident in another country I presume that country will give you financial aid if you need it and can meet their requirements.

best of luck

It includes people who pay all of their taxes here and are under a particular threshold :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ok. thanks all.

I am impelled to once again remind readers of the fraud committed by a Conservative government when it removed UK citizens from those receving winter fuel payment by including tropical DOM s with metropolitan France to get the average temperature above that of SW England.
This means that payments made to pensioners living in Sicily will be made but not to those in France.

2 Likes

I am really pleased that the French government has included all of us who are permanent residents… in some of its help-plans… without question, 100€ each… arrived as promised, to spend as we choose … and for those on really low income there is more available.
I can no longer fret about what UK has “stolen/fiddled from us” (call it what you will) … so long as they pay our pensions we are just fine and happier than many family members stuck in UK…

1 Like

Stella do you remember when WFP was introduced? It was another way to increase the state pension without increasing the state pension. Just like the ‘Chistmas Bonus’ introduced in 1972 and has thr same value now (£10) as it did then , fifty years ago.
I am happy for your contentment in France I agree with you with that but the injustment ranklesb I paid my taxes as did all pensioners , I do not begrudge those who paid less but to be excluded from these payments as a punishment for living here by a government that would stoop to petty fraud to save money is something i would remind all citizens of when we next vote.

3 Likes

Don’t get me started… it’s too hot! (and, yes, I do remember the WFP as we used to get it.)
I’m trying to remain calm as I think about how this government decided not to pay our Pension increase due this year… due according to the Rules… but they change the Rules as they think fit… aaargh.

take care…

I was delighted - and rather surprised - to receive a cheque énergie this week (240€). I understand from this and other threads that it’s income related, and is derived from my tax return. I suspect its issuance is somewhat artificial in my case, due to the limited income arising in my first (part) year as a French resident.

I applied online to offset this against my EDF bills, and got an on screen message to say the cheque and supplier were all valid etc The message said I’d be sent an email setting out everything I needed to know, which I haven’t received yet. Any experience of what happens now, if anything? Does the bill offset really work?!

Yes it does and automatically deducted each month if you are mensual. I have received CE since it started due to my level of income and now engie are paid direct by the government for me so I don’t have to log on each time one is allocated to me, you do nothing unless it specifically asks you to log in to the gov site and put your details in.

2 Likes