Grand Frais à Saint Junien

Hi, this is just a 'localised' post aimed at anyone living within a forty km or so radius of Saint Junien on the Charente/Hte Vienne border.

Although the town only boasts about 11000 inhabitants the catchment area is quite vast. I have just heard that Grand Frais is planning to take over the old Spar supermarket literally across the road from me. If this is true, and I will confirm it asap, the GF superarket will save a lot of long trips to either Angloulême or Limoges so good news for shoppers.

GF will do well here as the present major outlets have a varying quality of fruit, veg & meat & fish products. Hyper U is 'ok' but the Leclerc has been abysmal for years.

There are three in Limoges Stan and they are all great, even the smaller one in the town centre. Spent today in Limoges and treated us to a superb indian meal at lunchtime; a bit of shoppng in the centre and a trip to GF on the way home. Yes, more expensive for some things (not all) but worth every centime for the quality. I don't smoke and I don't drink (much) so decent food is one of my luxuries now and again..

Thanks Peter,

If it's true, I also look forward to it opening as it will save me my monthly trip to the GF in Limoges. I wish I could afford to go more often as it's a superb shop..