Grants for septic tanks

Yes, we got a grant in 2018, it saved us about €4,500. It was via the Mairie and SPANC.

2 Likes

There are grants available if you are using a professional to do all the work (much like the grants for insulation and solar panel installations).

Talking to your Marie is the first step.

Then you have to decide what sort of installation you want - traditional with an epandage or a system that doesn’t require an epandage. Much depends on how much ground you have.

Of course, if you are within the boundaries of the commune’s tout a l’egout you have no option but to connect to that.

1 Like

What can one do when you have asked the Mairie and he does the galic shrug and says ‘‘Why bother’’?
When I bought the house I was told by the Agent and the owner that there was an old fosse, but when I had the tests done found out that here was NOT a fosse.

Just to update, we had a new fosse last year cost 4500eurs reimbursed 900 by the department.

Eur Ing Graham F Pratt BSc (Hons), FOMICE, ASCE, FFB, FEANI
Civil & Structural Engineer

1 Like

As a matter of interest, how did they arrive at the 900€ reimbursement? Was that actually means tested, or simply a % or flat rate?

Not means tested, flat rate up to a maximum ceiling.

Eur Ing Graham F Pratt BSc (Hons), FOMICE, ASCE, FFB, FEANI
Civil & Structural Engineer

What does that mean? It’s only for actual residents? And then we can apply?

Hi @Kvk

Take a look at the link I posted… and see which situation applies to you… or will apply to you when you finally move here.
It might well be that you will not be eligible for any of them.
Which country are you emigrating from? (I seem to have lost that info).

I only ask as I’m wondering if France demands that emigrants show a certain financial security, which would (presumably) be above the very low income levels needed to receive Aid.

Hi Stella,

Coming in from the US. Hard to find info that isn’t British based, but not giving up!

The link I’ve given you is in French but applies to all folk who do live in France permanently. But, as I’ve said, there are strict financial tests.

I’m supposing that emigrating to France from US, you might well have to prove to France that you have sufficient income to settle here… (which puts you above the ceiling for Financial Aid ).

Your own commune might well have its own small scheme (different from Govt Schemes) which might not be means-tested. When you get here, you can ask at your Mairie.

It’s important to assume that you will have to pay for everything. Budget for that and anything different is a bonus…

The limit income to get a grant is about 22-28 000 € net a year for a couple. In a general way, grants tend to be subject to income now, while they were not a few years ago.