Hand Made

On a normal day in the morning While eating breakfast I check emails etc , I work until 11ish with my husband we make statues together. Then have a tea break check emails again and do some light admin. Depending on the day I either get some housework done or prep some sewing. After lunch I sew unless interrupted by phone calls or customers. We have mobile homes that we rent out. Twice a week I do morning markets so that statues take over from sewing unless I have a sewing deadline such as the market coming up on the 27/28th, if that's the case sewing takes over.
I think I am very lucky that I have a husband who seems to have the same tolerance level for muddle as I do and we often pick the hoover up at the same time, I do as little housework as I can get away with and still be clean! Oh and we both do the cooking. I have big son's 21 & 19 so they are a help, it will be better when the 19 year old can drive solo, hopefully in June*** Oh and I don't garden I pretend an aversion to gardening as I have enough to do , my husbands looks after the garden when I sew .

I fall into bed at 10pm I need a lot of sleep.

Back to sewing, lunch break is over.

How do you manage???this is a serious question. How do you organise yourself to sew and do the house work, the garden etc etc? I am quite desperate to get going again, but there is never time, maybe 5 cats and 5 dogs dont help?

Or madness!!! Something like that.

Just taking a break before I get back to it after lunch. radio 4 helps to sooth me as I sew. I just get in the zone when i sew it's very soothing to me really as long as no one interrupts. then see me snarl!!

Claire, you have so much energy!

Getting ready for Fources flower market. 42 reversible dresses done!! and about 10 tie shoulder dresses also. Now bibs , flower shaped of course, and dungarees.

I am also eagerly awaiting my new to me machine it's semi industrial so the motor should be better . I work my domestic machine far too had the service man says!![](upload://yyjCw2ysAMeerd5exmcMyiQLS5T.jpg)

Oh that’s lovely of you, thanks so much.

Eh voila! Barbara’s mittens!

I love these cards! I also make recycled cards from re-used Christmas cards, cardboard (the white cardboard insert from stockings for example) Bravo Lynn.

I’m not sure I see the icons you mentioned on the group page. Certainly nothing appears anywhere near the comment box…I’m a bit handicapped when it comes to blogs; not my generation! ;-D

Liz - the quilt is lovely!

Barbara - not sure if that's possible - can you re-load them here??

By the way those Easter slippers are darling!

I posted the photos on my page, but not sure how to share them with you ! :slight_smile:

Here`s a quilt I made very quickly for my cousin`s baby! ![](upload://yyol2gI6haBZplqAlSDe7xaj6rw.jpg)

Just click on the second icon in from the left - it looks like a small screen.

It will them prompt you to browse your photos on your computer. Best of luck - can't wait to see your mittens.

Hi, how do I upload a photo? I’ve been making lots of what the french call “mittens” (fingerless gloves) for all the girls in my daughter’s class…she volunteered me :wink: so I’m using up all the bits and bobs from larger knitting projects. Even tiny skeins of wool can be crocheted into flowers for the decoration, or used as a border. They’re the easiest things I’ve ever made.

Welcome Jane, and all recently joined members - please do post up what you are working on at the moment.

I decided to make some presents for Easter this year, and settled on these really easy knitted sliipers. It is knitting in a straight line with no shaping at all.

If you can knit, purl and rib, then they will be a breeze to knit. I made 2 pairs using some chunky yarn. The green flowers are crochet, as I am just learning how to make crochet flowers too.

Thanks Janet :)

Hi Janet,

As the administrator of this group I thought you would already be aware that we don't allow commercial links to one's own ventures?!

'Commercial self-promotion is expressly forbidden and will result in account suspension.'

Thanks

James

Hi all. Am new to this group. Does anyone have experience knitting ruffle scarves? I've just finished one and it doesn't look quite right. Any experts here? Help!