Hard work finding a covid test!

Wish I could get a vacc. rdv as easily. I had a letter from the ministry this morning advising me to book one, but they are all still full.

But it did say or alternatively ring your (or any other) doctor. Are they doing them too?

David, our pharmacist told us our local ‘cottage hospital’ are giving vaccinations to the elderly/vulnerable, worth a try especially as you have the letter.

Nope negative

5 Likes

Thank you Lily, not sure we have a cottage hospital, the nearest one of any kind is 15 kms away and is one of the centres booked up. My first choice would be the pharmacy but forgot to ask this morning, I don’t think they are doing them yet, we got our flu jabs done there.

To be honest I have only just become aware of ours :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This is what is showing for our three closest vaccin centres

En raison d’une forte demande, ce centre n’a plus de disponibilités : 3480 vaccinations vont avoir lieu dans les 28 prochains jours.
Réessayez prochainement ou cherchez un autre centre.

I have been trying to get an RDV but of course all fully booked. However, had I been successful and gone would I have been turned away bearing in mind this from an Ameli e-mail today with their latest newsletter:

Trois principes pour la vaccination Covid-19 : gratuité, liberté et sécurité

"La vaccination est gratuite pour tous car personne ne doit renoncer à se faire vacciner pour des raisons financières.

Elle n’est pas obligatoire et repose sur une décision partagée entre le patient et son médecin. Le consentement doit être recueilli au préalable et tracé dans le dossier médical de la personne vaccinée. Dans ce cadre, une consultation de pré-vaccination est prévue avec son médecin (informations complémentaires à venir prochainement sur ameli). Cette consultation médicale pourra, selon les cas, être immédiatement suivie de la vaccination.

La sécurité est également un enjeu essentiel. La vaccination se fait dans le strict respect de toutes les règles qui encadrent l’utilisation des produits de santé en France. L’Agence nationale de sécurité du médicament et des produits de santé (ANSM) met en place un dispositif spécifique de surveillance renforcée des effets indésirables des vaccins anti-Covid-19. Sur signalement-sante.gouv.fr, chacun, professionnels de santé ou personnes vaccinées, peut signaler tout effet indésirable à la suite d’une vaccination."

I presume from that I need clearance from my doctor first! Is that the general experience especially for anyone who has had the vaccination?

Drive ins seem to be working in Lorient.

1 Like

That is good, that would have been my preference to go to the drive in at the Bergerac hospital but you had to get an ordonnace off your doctor first and I just didn’t have the energy this morning for that extra step.

So so difficult everyone has to be more than careful and they are not.
Hope all goes well

1 Like

might have been tricky getting it but wow I’m impressed, email came though 7.5 hours after the test (they’d told me ‘from 10am tomorrow’ ).

AND the good news it is negative so just have a normal crappy cold! First one this winter interestingly.

8 Likes

You are seen by a doctor and checked first before you go to a nurse to be vaccinated. They check your eligibility, and contra-indications for the jab. If you are outside the eligible age bracket, as I am, and in a specific category of “maladie rare” rather than listed high risk exceptions then you do need a prescription first.

Pharmacies are NOT authorised to do the vaccines yet, and although some small hospitals have vaccination centres most of the booking is via the santé.fr , doctolib or telephone route. Rushing around trying to find a jab will probably put you at more risk than waiting another couple of weeks.

1 Like

Everyone over a certain age in certain Departments has the letter, they are not like the bon for flu vaccines but just to encourage people. You might hit it lucky and find a vaccination centre that has a jab going spare at the end of the day…but then what do you do for the second dose? Our teeny, tiny GPs surgery is a vaccination centre…they come in all shapes and sizes.

1 Like

Well I’m going to ring there tomorrow to see if we can get them done there, at least there is a receptionist now, before that any calls went straight through to the doctor which, of course, always interrupted a consultation.

I am certainly not rushing around but nevertheless I want my jab to be done. There seems to be different experiences on here so I think the safest is to ring the surgery and see whether or not I need an ordonnance. I am over 75 and type 2 diabetic so will try to ensure I get it right!

If you are over 75 you clearly do not need a prescription! Although type 2 diabetes is not on the list of high risks that is irrelevant because you meet the age eligibility.

I rang this morning but all I got was an unintelligible recorded female voice totally masked by loud doomladen ‘music’. :frowning_face:

Self-testing Covid kits on sale in France: What you need to know

Tory, that is excellent. But I have seen days quoted as time for delivery of results

I have to get to Valencia, Spain asap to conclude the sale of my flat. I’m going by car. That means I have to present a neg test done <72 hrs before showing it to the Spanish border people.

There’s a pop-up site in Vire, no RV, Mon-Fri all next week [ie from tomorrow Mon 26 +] Word is that the pop-up sites send their tests to labs to process and the results can be ‘days’ in coming. That does me no good.

My dilemma is to get tested in time for me to get to the border with a result, inside 72 hrs. My original plan was to overnight at Biarritz and cross the border - only a 1/2 hr drive - on travel day 2.

Is there any way to get tested with a guarantee of a result in the sort of time of yours?

Not sure, certainly the labs in this area (which I guess you’d be vaguely driving through) seem to do same day, i think the longest I had to wait was over night when I had a late test. Novabio is the name, you could look and see where they are located and see if there are any near you that have similar turn around.

For those in Manche/Calvados who need their results in a short time in order to get cross-border travelling done, cerballiance.fr (Trouver un laboratoire de test de dépistage Covid-19 - Cerballiance) 208 Rue Auguste Grandin, 50000 Saint-Lô gets the result out in 24hrs.

So after a test in the morning, the result should be in by about the same time on day 2 or at least by later that day, by which time you can be, for example, poised to cross into Spain on day 3.