Harvey Weinstein conviction quashed

From the NYT:

"In a 4-3 decision, the New York Court of Appeals found that the trial judge who presided over Mr. Weinstein’s case had made a crucial mistake, allowing prosecutors to call as witnesses a series of women who said Mr. Weinstein had assaulted them — but whose accusations were not part of the charges against him.

“Citing that decision and others it identified as errors, the appeals court determined that Mr. Weinstein, who as a movie producer had been one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, had not received a fair trial. The four judges in the majority wrote that Mr. Weinstein was not tried solely on the crimes he was charged with, but instead for much of his past behavior.”

Nothing surprises me about that country. :roll_eyes:

:rage:

Oh dear… having read the report/explanation it does appear that the Prosecution made a mistake… let’s hope there are no more coming out of the woodwork…

Picking a hole in symantics does not let that bastard off, unless you are American.

well, I don’t think it is quite like that… he’s been found guilty of many things and this case would have been yet another, if the Prosecution hadn’t erred…

The only comfort is that despite the error he’ll still spend the rest of his life in jail, hopefully, this will also ensure judges won’t make the same mistake again.

2 Likes

As he slops out, it must be a great consolation to him that one of his four rape convictions has been overturned. Only fifteen years to go, he must be over the moon. In the meantime, don’t drop that soap Harvey :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

He may occupy his time wondering why, if the first syllable of his name ‘Wein’ is pronounced ‘Wine’, why is the second syllable ‘Stein’, pronounced ‘Steen’. :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I wouldnt wish him any moral victory at all. Bet his defence team are telling him “we’ll be working on the other convictions”

No, better for the victims if they retry him. With any luck resulting in a longer sentence.