Have you ever been bitten by a tick? - Updates

Vaccination against Lyme Disease may be available in the near future

http://www.valneva.com/download.php?dir=News_2018&file=2018_03_19_VLA15_Phase_I_Results_PR_EN2.pdf

Latest update on my bite… red mark getting smaller and smaller and no longer itching… hurrah… my antibodies have done their work… although I will continue to keep an eye on the situation and have become almost paranoid about wandering through grassy areas… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Lyme disease is quite horrid, I know people who have suffered for years. Coincidently we went to vets yesterday for our dog’s annual vaccine visit, and the vet was saying that this is a bad year for ticks here. He said he’s never treated as many cases of anaplasmosis before - and that one can also affect humans so we are being extra vigilant for us and the dog.

1 Like

Does any supermarket Apple cider Vinegar count or do you have to buy more specific products?

i buy mine from the supermarket. its all the same

Harry - I have bought the ACV - daft really but what am I supposed to do with it!

you can add it to water and juice and drink it, or man up and drink it neat. i have 2 teaspoons a day like man (god no i add it to juice it lol)

for dogs just one teaspoon in every bowl of 1 ltr water

To add they d say drinking it neat can cause damage to your oesophagus but i know several folks who have it neat.

Is it for you Mat or for your Collie or both…??? For me I take a swig of neat apple cider vinegar daily…and rub it on exposed skin if I’m likely to be out and about and mosquitos and ticks might be out and about too…you would think it would make your skin smell of vinigar but it doesn’t…For the Collies I add a spoonful daily to a treat of some sort…a square of toast or something…(I would add it to their food but they are raw fed and I find it awkward to add to rabbit legs etc…) You can also add it to their water bowls but make sure it’s not putting them off drinking and if so stick with adding it to food)

You can make up a 50/50 solution…water and ACV in a spray bottle and also add a couple of drops of geranium oil or lavender oil or cedar oil (or both or all) to the mix…and spray lightly on coats (and your own exposed skin)…on faces it’s better to spray some on your own hands and gently wipe around the face avoiding eyes and nose…hope this helps… x :slight_smile:

@Helen6 how do you take yours

NM she answered already lol.

1 Like

Lol…x :slight_smile:

Thanks @anon54681821 and @Helen6.

I can confirm it is for me although I am sure with very little encouragement Meg would also take it.

It seems to be being suggested as a cure for just about all problems. (I think I will try and rub a little on my brexit!)

1 Like

Some people also add a dash of liquid soap to the mix…personally I don’t and although I have the oils here I haven’t so far had to add them…I’m vigilant checking their coats when we get back inside…I would up the ante with the oils though if I thought diluted acv and acv added to food wasn’t working…I’ve never used chemical flea and tick treatment on them in 9 years…x :slight_smile:

And for anyone wishing to further reduce chemical overload in their pets this is also a brilliant service…

1 Like

" (I think I will try and rub a little on my brexit!)"
Blimey Mat that sounds painful :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Do please be careful about drinking it neat. It can really damage your tooth enamel (my mother was a dentist and had a couple of cases of people who were using it).