Have you had an email from the UK government explaining what you need to do?

3 Likes

I got it
nothing of interest that we had not already been assisted with by the French authorities.
In the bin.

2 Likes

My wife and I got identical letters from the British Embsssy in Paris. Is that what you got? It had a DWP imprimatur and flavour.

Thé same one as in the photo a few posts before.

1 Like

Exactly Peter but I didn’t see it as proceeding from the Government in the usual way eg from a Department of State.

got the letter like guess all us Brits did
three local friends got theirs today too
so La Poste been busy!
One question 
what is the current position on driving licences, looking at UK Gov web site it doesn’t say they must be changed by year end, just that must be done if category changes or offence committed. I’m told of big delay with processing via online app (must be done this way) and I’m having a problem with receiving account confirmation email from ANTS

The British Embassy is part of the Foreign Office, so part of a Department of State.

3 Likes

Thanks for opening my sleep-heavy eyes @JaneJones :hugs:

1 Like

No. No.
I had to put in this last line because I am not allowed to just say no.
It has to be five characters. Why?

I so agree Jane - why? There have been several occasions when I’ve wanted just to say “yes” or “no” and I haven’t been able to.
Surely brevity is a virtue?

Bien sûr !

3 Likes

Not arf!

no

xxx

(I had to add the three xxx before it would accept my reply
 )

Mad isn’t it.
All I wanted to be able to say was no, which was all that was necessary.
I think that No 10 must have had a hand in this ludicrous system.

I have just been informed that we have had this letter from the Embassy and it is downstairs in Jim’s office!

Not yet received but as a state pensioner it must be on the way. I assume those that are not pensioners or S1 recipients then completing form P85 from HMRC puts you on the mailing list?

It’s quite straightforward, at the moment you do not have to exchange a UK license unless your photocard is within 6 weeks of expiry or your actual license is within 6 weeks of expiry (this date is on the back of the photocard) The length of the new French license will depend on what categories it includes and whether a medical is needed for them. However the workings of ANTS remain a mystery, your application can be dealt with within a matter of weeks or years, there is no logic to it whatsoever. The best place for information about exchanging a driving license is found on the Facebook page run by Kim Cranstoun who works tirelessly and is in touch with the authorities, it is fully up to date has every piece of info and advice you could possibly need. https://www.facebook.com/groups/206199943590115/?multi_permalinks=322775058599269

Nothing here.

nothing here either