Have you had an email from the UK government explaining what you need to do?

those who have not received the letter… quite possibly are not involved… and/or have not notified DWP of a change of address…

I still pay class2 volontary contributions but can no longer vote in the UK, no S1 either, perhaps it’s just for people on pensions…?

I suppose I am on the mailing list thanks to a UK pension, but have no S1, no vote etc. Living in France since 2002 and with French nationality I am not worried, but pleased to see the pension will still be paid (!) and uprated (!), although we have to deal with the plunge of the Great British Pound. We’ll see if they stick to this promise or if we’ll find out that “that was then and this is now” sometime in the future, given that this particular government has no scruples whatsoever.

1 Like

If you look at Post 21 you can see the letter itself.

If you don’t receive your letter within a while… you could ask DWP “why not”…

Thanks, Stella, but in fact non of it affects me looking at the letter: I have French nationality, a French driving licence and have been in all the various systems (carte vitale, Impôts) and constantly working here for over 15 years. :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll send you one anyway to remind you that you remain in their hearts and to be a loyal subject (even if you can’t vote!)

1 Like

While it is keeping me busy I’m very pleased that they did send it out, it seems there a A LOT of elderly folk who have lived here 30, 40 years with no computer etc and didn’t know until they got this letter that they needed to do anything! Scary!

Afternoon Tory

It’s almost as scary as the number of people I know who have the attitude " I’ve lived here for XX years this does not affect me "

You can only go so far in helping people.

Andy

1 Like

Well, I haven’t got a letter and HMRC has my address here.

Likewise

The fact that one is French would seem to suggest one is no longer a British citizen and ipso facto a subject of ambassadorial disdain. Simple.

Dual citizenship allowed…

4 Likes

As Jane has already pointeed out, France allows dual nationality: Franco-British/Anglo-French/franco-anglais/anglo-français… which ever you prefer :wink:

1 Like

Finally had a letter from the British Embassy in Paris.

It explained… precisely nothing.

The links in it explained about the same, except for those explanations which contradict what the WA says and what the French government says. But what would you expect?

Still waiting to hear from our Prefecture whether our completed priority dosiers are sufficient or do we need to go through the new web site? 3 emails, no reply so far, seems like an LRAR is the next step.

Working on the driving licence exchange now. Just how do you prove the exact date you started to reside in France?

You could always do away with the middle man and just apply on-line like everyone else has been instructed to. :grinning:

1 Like

It might just be anecdotal but isn’t it often said that fonctionaires will just lift the pack of dossiers and put a priority one at the bottom of the pile :thinking:

1 Like

Grahame… you need to find a date which ties in with some decent paperwork.
We’ve already given several examples… but here are a few which might give you some help.

Purchase of property/ Lease
House insurance policy for Residance Principale
Contract/bills for water/electricity/telephone/gas/whatever sort of utilities
Income Tax Avis

I would think if you can go back far enough with your paperwork, you will have something which will work…

Re CdSejour… you really will need to do this on-line… sorry about the dossier you have deposited, but the on-line thingy is what is being used as the only route now and that has been made very clear by the French Govt…

best of luck

If you applied online via the portal that was briefly in place last October then it has been made very clear that you wait. If you applied in any other way, then you need to complete the new online process.

We have yet to hear anything. However we don’t live in an area where they have recruited extra staff due to the number of British so I imagine that they will reply at some point before next June. I’m in no rush.

And I know full well that emails to préfectures are often unanswered.

1 Like

@JJones I’m not sure your post should actually be directed to Tim but the OP :thinking:

1 Like

The French government have spent millions on this and have made the process so easy but that still isn’t enough for Grahame, you just have to chuckle. :grinning:

1 Like