Have You Heard of These French Soups? | Cooking and Recipes

TOURIN, tried that…:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::scream::face_vomiting:

@Griffin36 did it end in divorce? :crazy_face:

We thoroughly enjoy lettuce soup and tourin soup… both of these have turned out very well…

Can’t say if we’ve ever had the authentic gabure, but I often dish up something which seems very similar…

Same as Stella, lettuce soup is a favorite, garlic we do but less often. And mixed veg with stale bread and cheese also.

Tourain blanchi à l’ail is superb.

1 Like

I’m rather chuffed to think that a family favourite of my “Stella special” soups could possibly be “the real thing” rather than just something I’ve thrown together… :rofl: :thinking:

I shall tell them “we’re having gabure today…” that’ll flummox them…

1 Like

but, will they gabble after your gabure :thinking:

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I like garbure, love tourin blanchi à l’ail but my favourites are the soups from chez moi, soupe au pistou and soupe de poissons :heart_eyes:

mmmmm

Tourin reminds me of ajo blanco

1 Like

My favourite is cold cucumber.
I love roast pumpkin too.

Actually my life-long favourite (on which I’d happily live forever if I had to choose just one food) is phó. Can’t get the proper o, sorry :pensive:

I have tried so hard to make a proper one, and it never quite make the grade of ones eaten in Vietnam…I just can’t get the base stock right.

phò sounds good too - love oodles of noodles yummy

Do you use a marrowbone and different bits of meat? And ginger badiane galangal etc? Mine doesn’t always turn out identical :grin:

I don’t think I have ever made soup that has turned out identical no matter how hard I try :grin: