HDL, LDL & Cholesterol etc

Aye lad, pith and kin.

Peter, See below first - Oops another error by me.

…aye Brian, lets teach these sassenachs wains how te spell proper.

I can see a repeat of the battle of culloden coming soon or just you and me’ll sit on the Stone of Scone and share a bowl of the proper stuff! Are there any proper Scottish relics in France, James 1st/6th or Mary QoS, must have left something somewhere - apart from us of course…

Hi Jane, good luck to you. PM me if you want to chat. My thoughts are with you.

Jane I’m so sorry to read that, Don’t forget CSF for support and their forum for those going through the same as you. if you want to talk anytime, my email address is sambs47@icloud.com and I can let you have mobile and home nos, if you want. I completely understand your anger, puts my silly probs totally into perspective as well!

Sending you a virtual hug and will be thinking of you. Shirley xx

Where i'm from Porridge rhymes with Norridge, end of.

Strange lot the jocks, they insist on eating porridge wih water & salt .............yuuuukkk !

Surely you knew you ate the seeds, or are you taking the pith ?

After failing to diagnose me for a year and telling me I had an abscess, which I had, excep it was caused by the tumour, I had a deep biopsy and was given the bad news on Wednesday evening. B reast off Friday, so not a lot of time to worry. Just hugely angry that the NHS were so awful.

Spelled 'porridge', sacrilege. Aye, its porage hen...

I am going to the GP in a few minutes. I am not going to be tested to death. He knows that when we talk about being misdiagnosed with cancer twice, my blood pressure shoots up.

And she would know when the storms were comi g Peter.

Milk with porridge, sacrilege.

Now I know I’m daft, I didn’t know it’s the seeds you eat Susan, I thought it was the flesh - not that I’ve ever tried eating one. Or do you keep the seeds to plants do grow your own?

My catholic schools have such a lot to answer for - I’ve come to the conclusion I know nothing I should. I’ve seen so many different fruits and vegetables over the years in supermarkets that I’ve never bought or tried because didn’t know what they were. oH and I didn’t eat much fruit, bananas, apples or oranges only, and he hated green veg exc garden peas and haricot vert. Me I love all the other green veg, root veg and cauli, oh yes he liked that in a Cheese sauce.

Who’s she?

can be? We are Peter, Brian must be Spider-Man always out walking the woods with those dogs!

No, I take my hat off to Jane, thats her honour…at least the big c hasn’t hit me.

Aren’t we already Brian? This reply came before one to Peter.

Yeah, I can be Superman and you can be Wonder Woman !

Wow, we can be the SFN super heroes!

That's fantastic Susan. I'll hopefully find some tomorrow and i'll do just that. I enjoy eating them in a normal salad as well as with other fruits. Filling up a half melon hollowed out with the seeds plus some chopped strawberries and a few bits of chopped date is simply a divine dessert...

Peter

I live in the Middle East at the moment (but spend my free time in Uzes :) ). Anyway, we eat a lot of pomegranates here and the easy (less messy) way of peeling them is:

Soak whole poms in a big bowl of water for about an hour or longer - this softens the skin somewhat. Then peel the fruit in the water. The seeds sink to the bottom, the white pith floats. Then empty out the water and white pith from the bowl and you will have seeds galore. I peel 4-6 at a time then store in a covered bowl in the fridge.

Enjoy