Heat debility

yep… roll on 15th August… Christmas follows on pretty quickly after that… :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Madman!! No clearly you are Superman :grin:
I rode a bike very slowly around upper Egypt for a fortnight many years ago, when it was 44°, thought I would die and didn’t pee for a fortnight in spite of getting through 10 or so litres of water a day in or on me.

1 Like

Supposed to arrive here soon! Not a cloud in sight and still 30degs. Just remembered we did have a light shower this morning :woman_shrugging:

We’ve been for a brief walk… debris everywhere… … OH has checked the attics and all is well… phew… light breeze and feels wonderful… despite being 30c… it’s that breeze which is making all the difference.

1 Like

SO jealous! We had yet again literally 6 drops!

1 Like

I just go out training then I’m back in an air-conditioned shop (easy). 10 days in Egypt on a bike is something else, another level, un vrai exploit :wink: but I know what you mean about drinking gallons and nothing coming out the other end :rofl:

2 Likes

We could see the lightning cloud to cloud over the Alps, windy here but, just like you, not a drop of rain.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200810/fury-at-illegal-rave-that-drew-10000-people-to-remote-french-countryside?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=
All these people were obviously not concerned about the heat or social distancing!

Has just this minute started to rain here 1/2 hour after finishing watering the garden thunder and lightning everywhere, when watering the garden just a few grey clouds in blue grey sky.

We had a duvet dryng on the washing line when a lively breeze swept dark lowering clouds from the east, and spiteful daggers of yellow lightning hastened its four-handed bundling removal to boiler room just in time to avoid a summer shower.

First rain in three weeks in basse Normandie, the earth is powder dry, hens’ beaks gaping wide poor pathetic things.

Donner und Blitzen all around this evening, but no rain. Have hope for tomorrow.

STILL nothing - only three weeks Peter - you’re lucky. Feels like three months here.
Leaden skies this morning but not a drop.

We have had a bit of a sprinkle overnight and the temps are much lower and the sky grey :grin: Not as exciting as it sounds for the plants though as I just touched the soil under a cosmos out the front and it is totally bone dry! The road is the only thing that looks like it has caught any rain!

maxed at 43c Tuesday and dropped to 30c overnight… just having a slight drizzle which has dropped the temp to 28c… not sure the water is actually touching the ground :wink:

We had about ten minutes of rain.

So why do you all want to live in the South? Everyone goes on about the brilliant weather, and then finds it unbearable. We’ve certainly noticed summers getting hotter here in just 15 years, but still manageable as cools down at night. Love visiting SW particularly in spring and autumn, but wouldn’t want to live there now.

1 Like

I do wonder when we have the (regular) heat waves! For me it is about the winter light. As an Aussie I find the length of day thing in winter a huge issue. The constant grey in the UK over winter drove me barmy the couple of winters I spent there, mind you there has been winters here much the same! It is only 2 months where it is awfully hot and the rest of the year is pretty nice!

Oh entirely agree about grey’ness!! When we first moved here winters were our favorite time of year as was always bright and crisp. Blue sky and sparkling snow is just upliftimg. Now we have less snow it’s less good and we have had weeks that are grey in recent years.

Rain and stormy here in 17. Not had any since the beginning of June. Must admit we have thought about moving further north…it’s just too hot :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

If you look on the map for the regions suffering from Canicule, many in the North are also affected.