Heat debility

Hi Lily, my MT said I didn’t need an ordonance, does your dermatologist insist on one? What is the wait time? Could I have his contact details please - would much rather go to someone recommended :grin:

Just back from the pool, soooo lovely! We are so lucky in such a small village (1000) to have a wonderful pool (well 3 actually!). 37c in the shade still at 7pm.

Oh yuck, might be on the mattress in the 1/2 finished room with aircon tonight!

True, sadly sometimes for literally years on end! I’ll never forget the smell when we had the first rain after about 2 years in the '82 drought, we all just ran outside and stood in it! The farm was just a dust bowl! I think nan and pa’s water tank was something like 30,000L and even being very, very careful it was nearly all gone. I remember baths not being allowed to be deeper than an inch!

Then you get 2 years rain in 2 days!
Beginning to feel like we are going the same way. . . . .

Yes Pete,
I remember being taught genuflection by my Father, "for Mothers side of the family, they’re RC ", spectacles testicles wallet and watch. I got the odd clip round the ear when trying to remember the sequence vocalily in church so gave up.

1 Like

If you have an ordnance your treatment will be covered (at least in part) by your carte vitale.

I have been seeing a dermatologist annually for several years for routine checkups but my appointments are private and I pay for them. That way I don’t have to wait to see her. I’m now about to see her with an ordnance from my MT so that if any treatment is needed it will be covered.

2 Likes

I come b ack to the UK in July and August but bt September I can’t wait to get back! Martin

If you have had any form of skin cancer, your treatment in France will be free of charge. All you need is a letter from your généraliste.

1 Like

Terminology confusion I feel. You don’t need an ordonnance (prescription) but you do need a referral letter from your registered Médecin Traitant otherwise you will be charged a higher rate and the social services will only pay x% of the lower rate.

2 Likes

Cancer is treated as a Affection de Longue Duree and if you ask your Medecin Traitant to cover you as such you will not have to pay for any treatment concerning your cancer.
However, you need to make sure that the letters ALD appear on your ordonance, so that the pharmacist knows not to charge you.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your replies, amazing how I’m still often confused by the medical system here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’m hoping I dont’ have cancer and it will just be a check up!

2 Likes

Sorry if my comment touched a few sore spots (four to be precise) or five if we include your juvenile lug hole! :joy:

1 Like

We were amazed when our MT scribbled a referal letter on a pad for an extra-urgent consultant appointment the following day and telephoned the clinic to secure it.

We were seen next day, at 0900 and were home by 1030 having been seen and treated. The cost was minimal after the Ameli reduction. Incredible!

2 Likes

I was misdiagnosed twice. In UK they said I didn’t have cancer, it was an abscess. It was an abscess but caused by the tumour in the breast duct.
Here in France I was told I had lung cancer, when I actually had nodules in my lungs from a severe chest infection.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

I wonder whether my shutters are half the problem. They are PVC / plastic, only 20mm deep (rather than better quality ones that are 24 or 28mm) and are so light that it’s possible that they do not contain any core insulation. To make matters worse, the shutters have been fitted inside the window aperture rather than flush with the external wall, hence gaps around the shutters.

Only diagnosed cancer, and once the MT has filled in the protocol de soins and had it authorised. Just going to be checked isn’t part of the ALD system although some cancer preventative stuff is covered 100%. OH has to have annual dermatology reviews for skin cancer, and because everything has been removed before becoming cancerous he has to pay. We don’t mind!

Funny day here. Sea mist again in the morning. In the afternoon, it was cloudy, but the air was very warm. I went for a swim and then called into the supermarket for a few things. When I came out it was raining. not very heavily, but actual rain. People were happily strolling around in light summer clothes and masks.
The forecasters had missed that, but it was a welcome change. Outside temperature is currently 22.5°C.

A storm has just hit us…

roads are fast-running rivers… glorious to see, especially since we put in the low wall which stops such overflow coming into our house… :wink: :upside_down_face:

I’d go and dance in the rain, if the lightening and thunder was just a little less vicious… as it is I’m cowering in my study with a torch by my side, just in case the electrics go off. :grin:

Tried opening a window and had it nearly torn out of my hands… strong winds, but still very hot out there. it had hit 43c last time I checked.

Presumably it will cool down a little tonight… as the storm progresses… well, I hope it will, anyway…

so glad for the rain, just hope it rains long enough for some to soak in and not just run off the baked surface…

1 Like

@smw lucky lucky you! I am hoping for a storm, I can’t be that far away as the crow flies but it has yet to break here.

It started rumbling about 10am… but never came to anything… it’s been a blistering day… and now, 12 hours later… thank heavens… it’s back with a vengeance and it’s actually raining… yippee.

Don’t know what the fuss is all about, 70km ride this afternoon, average temperature 38°, max was 43° on a couple of the climbs, quick shower then back to work :smiley: But I dooooo sympathise and hate not being able to sleep properly, makes days in the shop very long and hard-going. Everyone’s already said it but force yourself to drink, then drink some more, and don’t forget to drink some more again (4 water bottles in 2h20 on the bike then a litre or so once back)! Courage à tous et vivement les orages et le 15 août quand tout ça change (normalement…!) :wink:

3 Likes