Hello all shopping

I checked labs are 24/7 so now on Sat thanks if we do sun it may not be back in time for mon so were keeping to sat fingers x all ok in the lap of the gods these days i feel !

I think they’ve changed it to 36 hrs before travelling, but I’m not 100% certain on that!

If you could post a link to the source then we could verify it :wink:

How about this one…

Thank you Jane - most helpful!

That document says that visitors to France from particularly active countries (shown as South Africa, Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, United Arab Emirates, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Turkey and Uruguay) must have the test 36 hours before travel so it looks as if UK visitors are still on the 72 hour rule.

Hi and thanks to all for your replies we are actually coming over to stay / live in France. I have the relevant paperwork and tests ready for our journey as it currently stands i was just not sure how it stands to shook as we can no longer take in all foods and milk not the end of the world ill take some stuff with me and dries eg rice and pasta and bits for a week. Maybe I can find someone to help drop off or click n collect ? After 7 day quarantine ill see if we have to test again may be a problem as we have yet to get Internet all part of the process I guess thanks again all

You can set that up easily before you arrive. If you’d like to do it in English, Orange.fr have a very helpful English-speaking call centre at +33 969 36 39 00

As I said earlier, if you are arriving with a negative test you are allowed to go out for essential food shopping.

Remember you will need a French bank account as most phone companies need a FR IBAN or French bank/credit card to set up a direct debit and take a deposit on a sim, while a European bank account IBAN legally should be accepted in France a lot of companies just ignore the law and refuse to take it.

Ok thanks colin weve a french account ill look online before going see if we can arrange something

Ok thanks

And it is a very good helpline, unlike their new webmail site which demands at least 3 attempts to get access to each morning. I suppose it could be this temperamental laptop, but funny it only started since the new look arrived.

Back to the helpline. The man with a non British accent but excellent English sorted a long running dispute with Amazon over my new Kindle within seconds. I was almost sad that I had nothing else to ask in response to the usual ‘can I help you with anything else?’ at the end of it. :laughing: