Hello introductions

Hello all,
Ive been in France for almost 4 years. I am from New Orleans, USA.
I am a composer and sound designer with a studio and I work remotely.
My French sadly is minimal.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum…

that is a start… :wink: :+1: most folk have room for improvement :rofl:

4 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome. What is a sound designer? Not heard that description before. According to Google Translate you are a ‘concepteur sonore’!

1 Like

A theatre designer conceives and creates a 3-dimensional environment to enhance or develop the mood or style of an event, activity or performance. A sound designer does the same in sound…

And welcome @Stefon - I spent many years working in sound and video myself.

3 Likes

I see you are married to a French woman - that will help enormously with the French language…I had to make do with school French in the UK in the 1950s!

And your ‘wild little baby’ will become bilingual…!

1 Like

Hello. I composer music for film, games, apps and so on. The sound designer element comes in making sound effects, foley sounds etc. Any sound you hear on screen I do. I as well mix the audio.
I come from a touring musician background, but with a baby and wife…working in my studio and going home is nice.

2 Likes

Hi. Welcome to the site. Good to have new members. All the best.

1 Like

Im glad to be here. I wish I found this site years ago! Lots of hopeful stuff!

3 Likes

Bonjour et bienvenue parmi nous :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Stefon. What a super creative profession to have !

Its fun for sure. I came from a professional music family, I also toured for ten years in my 20’s. Fun but being self employed it can be stressful looking for more work.

1 Like

I hope you continue to find lots of work here. My parents were both musical and both church organists at various times. We always had a piano. I compose music in a small way at home. I love it.

Hi Stefon

I’m a composer, producer and sound engineer from Norway, and have been working remotely from France (Dordogne) since 2011, so we have something in common. :slight_smile:

Married to a French woman who understands and appreciate music, and what could be better! Nice to see you here.