Help filling in on line CN22/23 ? Am I going completely mad?

When I last looked at the website, it was clear that only CN23 now existed. I started to fill that in, got fed up and decided I’d have another go “later”. Well done for persevering, Karen :smiley:

What was it that took the time? Badly structured form? Ambiguous questions? Or something else…

Teething problems I think Angela- It didn’t help having to do it on my phone with fat fingers in the hot post office whilst wearing a mask :slight_smile:

I can definitely imagine it wouldn’t! Sometimes there are advantages to not having a smartphone :smiley:

1 Like

It took me about 25minutes to do the forms and get the label and pay. And since I’d opted for LaPoste thinking this might be easier and simpler than Mondial I was horrified to find a 6€ surcharge slapped on at the end for UK deliveries!!

Had got so far, and it was a birthday presemt, so I continued. But have other had this charge?

If you mean Mondial Relay they are no longer delivering to the UK because of Brexit. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Since lately I’ve been printing off my stamps using the LaPoste website, I used it today to fill in a customs declaration. I wasn’t all that pleased at the end to find I still have to go to a post office in order to print the wretched thing off! Is that correct? The reason I’ve been printing stamps off is so that I don’t have to queue at our incredibly busy post office…

Karen @KarenLaV - you seem to post things frequently - is that right? Seems a bit daft I can print the stamps at home but not the form…

I printed out a CN23 this morning…

How did you do that?

Last week I managed to print out the CN23 using the on-line system.

This week it just produces the bar code- we took this to the post office and they printed off 2 copies of the CN23 for me to sigh and a further one for me to keep - That letter happened to be a suivre.

2nd visit - letters with small objects, low value so no suivre, I just printed the stamps and the bar code-when we visited the post office they were unable to print the CN23 as it wanted a suivre number or a package number - I was asked was this a package or letter, I said a letter with a small object and they ended up giving me the old green CN22 forms to fill in and stick on as it was the only way to do it.

I was told to check again next time - obviously the system isn’t fully working yet.

AAAaaaggghhhhh

1 Like

Looks like that might be a slight understatement! Thank you for the update - it’s good to know it isn’t just me that can’t print out the form this week. I’ll go to the post office tomorrow and see what they have to say (armed with the code as well as the barcode :smiley: )

1 Like

I think when you print your stamps you must choose merchandise - it prints the stamp and an additional stamp with a bar code - I’m guessing that if I go with the two stamps and my customs code it will work (fingers crossed)

Just had a eureka moment (well maybe), I accidently went into the la poste professional site and it let me print my customs declaration - you do need to either have a suivre number or a Marchandises hors EU stamp number but it seems to have works - also gave me additional options when choosing stamps, 50g, R1 recommande etc.

I am reporting back @KarenLaV ! I had printed the stamps, the bar code and (separately) the custom code plus its own special bar code and took the lot to the post office this morning…

The young lassie hadn’t a clue so fetched the chap who’s normally there. They spent some time scanning bar codes and entering codes so no avail so fetched a senior person from the back office who told them what to do (just what they had been doing…) Nothing worked so they went as a group round the back to see the boss. Much toing and froing later and scribbling down of bar code numbers and about 10 minutes later the senior lady poked her head round the back office door and said the package was ok.

I strongly suspect they filled in one of the old forms manually :smiley: so I’ve asked the recipient to tell me what it all looks like when it arrives. The young lass said the computer system didn’t seem to work…

Crossed in the post!!!

Worked out what I did - which was probably wrong but ended up with a CN23 form to stick on package. And I basically didn’t do the stamps bit, but just the form. And then took it to post office where they stamped it. So I had ticked “no”on this page

1 Like

That’s very interesting, @JaneJones … I did that too… hmmmmm - I wonder what the difference was :thinking: (Apart from the usual paranoid “it saw me coming” explanation of course :smiley: )

Ah - worked it out - the same question appears on the page you get to from the link on the first stamps page. If you go directly to customs declaration, it ends up on a different page that looks the same…

That’s MUCH easier than using the link of the stamps page - thank you! :hugs: