Help - I've made a mistake!

Finally got around to sorting out where everything goes and merrily posted our pensions in the wrong place on form 2047 which went through automatically to the main declaration. Realised my mistake of putting under taxed at 7.5% instead of under 1AM and 1BM (I was thinking of the interest) and then tried to correct it but I cannot erase it from either form. How can Iget rid of it.

Have you submitted? If so you have to wait untill they open the period for corrections.

I don’t understand why you can’t erase the figures but - assuming you’re doing the online tax return - you can certainly amend your form even after you’ve submitted it - up to the deadline for electronic submission.
I amended mine several times last year after submitting it.
Each time, I received a fresh acknowledgment of receipt from the tax authorities, by email.

Thank you Jane & Helen.
I have not submitted and I have just tried to erase the amount on 2047 and it has taken it out this time. maybe my mouse wants oiling.

I thought that state pension was classed as a public pension but I see from a very old copy that I had ticked the private box. Can you please put me right on this.
Thank you

I have managed to erase it from the 2047 this time. I think it was a sticky mouse or the internet playing up, very unstable this afternoon as well as the electric supply.

I know some people don’t trust the Connexion magazine guide but here’s what it says about the UK state pension:

2047 Section 1 line 12

Enter country of origin (eg RU) then the total annual pension income amount received for each spouse.
Cross « privé » under « nature du revenu »

2042 Take the above total from 2047 to 1AM and take total of your spouse’s pension to 1BM

So to answer your question, private.

Thanks Helen. I have done everything except tick the private box so now I can finish it all and relax. I worked out the tax to pay and we agree, so it all looks good.

1 Like

Excellent. Job done!

1 Like