Help me design a BBQ - What features do you want from yours?

Too many incidents of fish slipping out into jaws of waiting dog…

1 Like

Blokes getting in my way having a masculinity contest :grin:

2 Likes

You expect your clients to clean the barbecue?

1 Like

Burning off cleans the grills, just a quick wire brush for 30 seconds and ready to go for next time.

1 Like

Most important, cast iron griddle not steel or enamel. Far superior

For their own safety yes.
Normally it is cleaned for them in the dark of night .
Some clients are only able to cook in this way. Cooking in a kitchien is
alien to them.

They have the choice…pay 60€ forfait menage or leave the place exactly as they found it…bbq included.

2 Likes

Too right!

And if they murder a new barbecue then they have to pay for a new one.

So after all this advice for additions, what is the production schedule and price…Xmas 2021 and €1000 !!!

I don’t know what your gîtes are like but Barbara’s are marketed as being super snazzy smart exclusive far too recherché to be on le bon coin etc so I’m surprised at the do your own cleaning. If I’m staying in some (see previous list of adjectives) gîte or holiday house I’d expect to pay more (which - if I am the clientele expected - I can) and have someone else do cleaning cooking laundry etc.

If staying in a normal nice gîte then obv you leave it ‘besenrein’ as they say in German but I wouldn’t be doing a deep-clean or sandblasting the bbq, that’s not what I go on holiday for.

3 Likes

This would do it for me…

1 Like

Do you leave the dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs all over the table and rubbish baskets full? Of course we don’t expect sandblasting, but a basic removal of detritus and if they’ve used the grill (we provide single use foil ones for the un-environmentally friendly) then a quick wash in soapy water.

Ours is mid-range family gite, so our approach is to give people options to allow them some flexibility on budget. 60€ for cleaning 3 bed, 2 bathroom gite including outdoors equipment is very modest cost. With Covid requirements this barely meets SMIC. If they”re not prepared to pay this then they can clean the bbq, and pick up the dog crap and cigarette butts.
(Atelier-jura.com)

Nice gite Jane!

1 Like

I expect to have v2 ready for testing in a couple of weeks. Price will be (approximately at this stage) from somewhere around €800 for one about the size shown in steel. Stainless steel will be an option too which I would estimate at about another €300 on top. Lots of variable at this stage but that’s a good indication of the price point.

1 Like

Perhaps we need a new topic for holiday rental guest behaviour?!

have you enough bandwidth? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes
3 Likes

[quote=“JaneJones, post:62, topic:33343, full:true”]

Do you leave the dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs all over the table and rubbish baskets full? Of course we don’t expect sandblasting, but a basic removal of detritus and if they’ve used the grill (we provide single use foil ones for the un-environmentally friendly) then a quick wash in soapy water.

Ours is mid-range family gite, so our approach is to give people options to allow them some flexibility on budget. 60€ for cleaning 3 bed, 2 bathroom gite including outdoors equipment is very modest cost. With Covid requirements this barely meets SMIC. If they”re not prepared to pay this then they can clean the bbq, and pick up the dog crap and cigarette butts.

I don’t at home either, but eg when I am chez my grandparents their housekeeper is particular so I’m allowed to put dishes in the sink and that’s about it. Her kitchen her dining room organisation her rules.

I wouldn’t be generating those or using a bbq :grin: any dishes would go in the dishwasher - recycling in its bag, bins would be bagged up - as I would do at home within reason.

Some sort of oven / warming area (cheese!)