Help me design a BBQ - What features do you want from yours?

This would do it for me…

1 Like

Do you leave the dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs all over the table and rubbish baskets full? Of course we don’t expect sandblasting, but a basic removal of detritus and if they’ve used the grill (we provide single use foil ones for the un-environmentally friendly) then a quick wash in soapy water.

Ours is mid-range family gite, so our approach is to give people options to allow them some flexibility on budget. 60€ for cleaning 3 bed, 2 bathroom gite including outdoors equipment is very modest cost. With Covid requirements this barely meets SMIC. If they”re not prepared to pay this then they can clean the bbq, and pick up the dog crap and cigarette butts.
(Atelier-jura.com)

Nice gite Jane!

1 Like

I expect to have v2 ready for testing in a couple of weeks. Price will be (approximately at this stage) from somewhere around €800 for one about the size shown in steel. Stainless steel will be an option too which I would estimate at about another €300 on top. Lots of variable at this stage but that’s a good indication of the price point.

1 Like

Perhaps we need a new topic for holiday rental guest behaviour?!

have you enough bandwidth? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes
3 Likes

[quote=“JaneJones, post:62, topic:33343, full:true”]

Do you leave the dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs all over the table and rubbish baskets full? Of course we don’t expect sandblasting, but a basic removal of detritus and if they’ve used the grill (we provide single use foil ones for the un-environmentally friendly) then a quick wash in soapy water.

Ours is mid-range family gite, so our approach is to give people options to allow them some flexibility on budget. 60€ for cleaning 3 bed, 2 bathroom gite including outdoors equipment is very modest cost. With Covid requirements this barely meets SMIC. If they”re not prepared to pay this then they can clean the bbq, and pick up the dog crap and cigarette butts.

I don’t at home either, but eg when I am chez my grandparents their housekeeper is particular so I’m allowed to put dishes in the sink and that’s about it. Her kitchen her dining room organisation her rules.

I wouldn’t be generating those or using a bbq :grin: any dishes would go in the dishwasher - recycling in its bag, bins would be bagged up - as I would do at home within reason.

Some sort of oven / warming area (cheese!)