Help please with deleting photos from webmail

We have 1-2mb of broadband and a friend has just tried to send me two emails with a total of 52mb of photos attached! I’ve managed to stop the download, which would have taken weeks and I’ve gone onto my orange webmail, opened the emails there and copied and pasted the photos onto my desktop.
I would now like to let the emails come down into my microsoft email inbox on my computer, but without the photos attached. So I want to delete just the photos from my orange webmail.
I can see a “supprimer” button, but that I’m assuming would delete the email as well as the photos. When I click on an individual photo I get a drop down box which allows me to save / copy / etc the photo, but seemingly not to delete it. Am I missing something?
I’d be grateful please for any suggestion as to how I might get rid of the photos and keep just the emails. Thanks.

Forward the emails to yourself & edit out the photos, then download the new copies after deleteing the originals.

I think the simplest way would be to highlight the text, right click and select forward adding the email address you want to send it to.

1 Like

Snap :slight_smile:

1 Like

This happened to me a few years ago. Only had a small email account and a friend decided to send me all of her daughter’s wedding photos on the same day I applied for visas to visit the US . Of course my visas never got delivered and I had to message the US embassy and get them resent. I was so cross I actually deleted friend altogether as it was quicker than deleting all the photos!

Thanks so much Paul and Graham, that’s worked just beautifully. :):smiley:

Sorry to hear your story Teresa. Puts my minor issue in context.

1 Like

Do you mean MegaBytes? 2mb or megabits is non-existant?

If I were you I’d create a local copy of the mail and then delete your webmail. If you are using Windows or Mac, there are email programs that can handle SMTP /IMAP/POP3 email accounts.

If you do a search on Google I am sure you will find some instructions how to setup on your own machine. This has the benefit of the photos being stored “locally”.