Help plz I have broken down

Anthony has an English mobile for a simple reason. Because he does. Simple. Next unnecessary question

2 Likes

Harry… no need to be quite so uppity… please…

I do know folk who live here, who have UK mobiles… and I always ask them for a French contact number, if they want me to help them… as I do not phone UK mobiles since it costs me to do so.

There are many International Transporters for Noel to contact… and I would expect the Vehicle Insurance company to be able to sort that out for them…

Uppity question uppity answer. what has a company having a uk number got to do with anything.

1 Like

Harry… you offered slightly confusing info…

a Tranport Co (Kings)… you said they are in south of France… but you gave a UK number…

On later info from you… it appears that the Transport Co (Kings) does not have a site in France, but only a private address for Mr King and you do not want to share his French contact information…

If you do have any info on a Transport Co in France, with a French contact… I reckon that would be very useful for anyone who is trying to help ie Gendarmes etc.

1 Like

the Facebook page has his UK Address on it which is his business, he also operates transporting cars from and to France.

On the note of a Private address. My address is my home address and my business, or is that not allowed.

Since its clearly confusing the fan club I will make it simple for folks.

Anthony King operates his business from the UK and has done for many years. As he is just a transport company he has no need for a business premises. He work to and from France. While he spends time here, his PRIMARY residence is in the UK.

As for not calling UK numbers, I cannot remember the last time i got billed for calling a UK number mobile or landline as my mobile contract t includes it, so does my landline.

I call friends in the UK all the time. Not calling UK numbers must make it very difficult for calling folks back in England.

There are many international transporters out there yes and kings are one of them but based in the UK. As for sharing private information that a private individual may have is against GDRP regulations. I have shared the public information available to anyone that searches for it only.

Vehicle insurance will only help if he has break down cover with them. Looking at it he has very basic breakdown that got him to a garage who then wanted to charge in 2500€ to get him to the boat only. I would think that that is as far as insurance wil lget involved as it broek down, it was not involved in an accident

1 Like

Harry…

My cheap and cheerful contract DOES charge me for phoning UK mobiles (but nothing much else) … and I CAN remember the last time I was charged… which is why I now refuse them as contacts for anyone in France, who is seeking my help.

Are you able to provide a French Transport contact for Noel ??

as Noel is an english man I am pretty sure he will have a UK mobile and since they scrapped roaming call charges across the globe he should be okay.

If he is unable to contact Anthony I will get him to give me his details and I will pass them onto Anthony.

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea… Harry.

Harry, you have been good enough to try to help him, I would leave it at that. He has the details he needs so let him get on with it.

2 Likes

Harry thanks for the help…I have been in touch with kings but unfortunately the van is to big for them to help…only up to 2ton…

did Anthony not have any suggestions? If he has nothing then I am stumped also.

No he just replied stating he was sorry but couldn’t help…

ahhh you txt r facebook messaged him then. dunno then. there are very few options for a big vehicle. all now down to how much you love your camper.

get someone to bring parts or travel back and come back with parts yourself. alternative is find someone with tools post the parts.