Help with Fedex delivery message

I am looking for anyone with experience of Fedex deliveries who doesn’t have a smartphone. Or even someone who does who knows how to contact them otherwise.

I am expecting a delivery from Amazon France and have just received a text to say it will be delivered on the 25th of November. Very good, but then there is a long link to click on which of course I can’t.

So I painstakingly copied it out then input it to the computer only to find the Fedex page obscured by a panel which quotes a unique code and demands my mobile number. This I have given but it will not accept it, just keeps saying fill in the details and then resend.

So if I do nothing will the delivery go ahead, or will I wait in all day for nothing? Only hope they give the driver the number they obviously already have for me.

My expectation is that the link is a tracking aid that might also allow you to give instructions where to leave the delivery if you’re not in, or to reschedule delivery. I would not expect you to need to do anything online because not everyone will have internet connectivity.

The Fedex delivery emails I get for work have 2 links: Tracking Number and Manage My Shipment

HTH

Yes, that’s what it is, trouble is I can’t get passed this panel partially covering their website when I click on the link. A shame too, because we have had trouble in the past with deliverers, other than La Poste, I could give him a map (possibly, because the screenshot has stopped working again :roll_eyes:) and our coords. But I have no way to get it to them.

I’ll just have to make sure the gate bell is working, it is temperamental, and keep an eye and ear open on Thursday.

TBH have had similar problems with couriers tryimg to let them know how to deliver to me on a very decent smartphone. Often things they send you to click on in emaiils are impossible to use because of problems like this anyway. They probably only test it on a pc or one type of smartphone.

The problem is many of them, other than La Poste, can’t be bothered to get out of their cabs and ask in villages, or use the phone number provided.

Surprise surprise, the seller, in Spain, replied to my question to Amazon and sent me confirmation of delivery Thursday and also a direct link to Fedex to track it.

It is a recon computer and. to think that I held off buying it because I didn’t know the seller, who was also the expediter, it is really good to get such a rapid response.

Fingers crossed now that the driver is as efficient. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

…and the driver doesn’t chuck it over the gate…

If he does I’ll chuck this laptop at him. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes