Help with Internet access/wifi

I’m sure that this has been asked before but here goes: We’re going to be living on a campsite for 6 months of each year. What’s the best way to get internet access?

unlikely you will get a ‘fixed’ connection for internet access so your options are limited.
I would suggest a 4G mobile phone contract with a reasonable download limit (such as Bouygues) and then ‘tether’ your phone to a tablet (iPad or similar) for better viewing experience.
That assumes of course that there is a good enough service to the campsite location…

Hi Richard and welcome to the Forum.

Have you asked the Campsite folk what is available there ? If so, what is their reply?

I know folk use their mobiles for internet -( is that with a dongle?) - would that be an option for you ??

Thanks, Graham. I’ll have a look at French sim contracts.

Hi Stella. They do have wifi available in Reception and at the bar but I need it for working and am likely to be distracted!!

Now then, why on earth should you fear getting distracted at the Bar… after a few drinks you won’t worry about distractions or the internet, come to that. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

On the other hand, can’t you wifi onto their connections, well out of range of distractions. :thinking:

If you are living and working there you should be able to get your own internet set up. Have a chat with the various providers.

Bouygues Telecom offers

Hi Richard. Free do a contract for about 20 quid a month with unlimited calls in France, unlimited calls to landlines in many countries, unlimited texts and 100GB a month on 4G. Our house is at the limit for copper broadband and we were only getting about 1MB so I dumped the landline and now just use tethering from our phones. We have a desktop, three laptops and two iPads and the phones keep them all happy.

1 Like

That sounds perfect. Do you have a web address?

I went with Free mobile last year (been with Free landline since 2006 until mobile)
mines 8.99e a month 60gb a month but read its really the unlimited deal as it reverts to 20e a month after 12 months which is unlimited
You need to see what you get on site - do a network search on your phone
If using a UK phone connect to each network and see how it is H+ and better is needed
You can get a free sim from a newsagent - go on their site and see which is nearest
It might not be your best option but you might have to get others delivered

Richard the address is… http://mobile.free.fr

As Lee says there’s an offer with less data for a lower price. He’s right too that you should check their coverage before you buy.