Help with URSSAF

Good morning, this has probably been asked before but just in case: I was told that in every larger village/city there is a helpdesk one can visit or make an appointment to have help with URSSAF… I speak French but somehow cannot make any sense of the various choices and an over-the-phone consult proved vary unsatisfactory… any ideas?

I had many many years of dealing with URSSAF and always went in person to the main office in the city, worth the travel to get it dealt with in person. You used to be able to go along, take a ticket and wait like the supermarket deli counter but I don’t know if that has changed now and you have to make a rdv online like the CAF do with a re-arranged phone call to your phone. Phone calls are not satisfactory if you have paperwork to explain and show so I would be tempted to go in person and seek help face to face. Failing that, your local Assistante Sociale would help and are au fait with all the caisses andhow they work when dealing with the public and their problems.

They are probably referring to France Services which have offices everywhere. Often inside other things like post offices and libraries.

https://anct-carto.github.io/france_services/?lat=48.274707&lng=-4.199023&z=5.550000000000001

What aspect of URSAFF do you want help with?

Hi, the whole process is unclear to me - I am an EU citizen in the process of moving permanently to France whilst already having found work here… double health care fees, etc etc - thanks!

Thank you Shiba, that’s very helpful !

Hi.

Will you be working as an employee for an employer or are you going to be an auto-entrepreneur?

This sounds an exciting step … :+1:

Is the restauration work complete now, or still ongoing ??

Hi Gareth, agent commerciale so auto-entepreneur…it is just so complicated; micro, auto etc etc !

Auto entrepreneur the health care will follow registration - albeit slowly.

Register as AE via URSaff. It’s an online process normally.

A few weeks/months later you’ll get a letter/form. Complete that.

At some point afterwards you’ll get your CV. But 6-12 months is normal

You are actually in the system once a proper social security number is given to you.

You need to know which entity is actually managing you - ursaff collects social charges - it’s not your “healthcare” organisation. But patience is required.

Just a thought, you could also ask at your local Chambre de Mètiers who help new businesses get on their feet. I did the five day course with my husband when he set up his business as his french wasn’t so good back then and we found it very very useful and they did all the registrations for us, we just had to wait to be contacted.