HelpI need unwanted English languange magazines and newspapers

I have a new job giving English lessons to the children at the village school where I live. Since i was an art teacher in my pre-Frence life my approach is to combine art projects ith English lessons.So I am seeking English magazines and newspapers for doing collage and scrapbook projects using English words. I am located next to Villefranche de Rouergue in the Aveyron. i would be happy to come collect a good stack of these goodies if it is not too far…within a couple hours drive. Thanks.

That is super kind of you. I have one person with a gite nearby who has given me a variety of mags that the guests leave. For the children I don't know if Time is really worth the cost to send. I wish I could find something like National Geographic with pictures and articles on animals and nature. Thanks for the offer but for now I've got some basic mags to work with.

Cheers Jeannine

I read Time Magazine. If you are interested I could send you a stack every so often. I live in les Landes = the other side of the world (sort of), but La Poste works well in my village.

If you are interested, just send me a message with your address, okay?

Sounds good, next time you are over give me a call and we can meet for coffee in the town. message me (I think we have to be friends?) and I can give you my tel.

Great! Sounds like a plan. I love going to St. Antonin for the market and for hiking and biking. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you. Jeannine

Hi there, happy to keep english mags/papers when we get them - get the Week magazine (each week of course) and Connexion (although won’t continue with that when it expires) and now and again with British mates coming over,papers. I live in St Antonin, not far from VilleF. So when I’ve got a stack can let you know and you could pop over for a cuppa is you like?

Sorry, what with work and family I don’t get out of the Aveyron that much and when we do it’s down to the Sea. You might want to head north to Figeac where there’s an English-French language exchange club ‘tea time in Figeac’ - the brits in the area are bound to have old material, sorry I haven’t got anything. never buy any English papers or magazines. I download all my teaching material :wink:

Bonne chasse !

Yes,Villefranche de Rouergue not exactly cosmopolitan with large posh hotels. But I do go to Toulouse fairly often. Know any such hotels there?

Yes,Villefranche de Rouergue not exactly cosmopolitan with large posh hotels. But I do go to Toulouse fairly often. Know any such hotels there?

Nice idea, if not a little underhand, but we’re talking about “villeF” here… big luxury hotels…!

Nice idea! If I were you I’d call around a few posh hotels nearby to ask if they have any left over. When I lived in France I used to nip into my nearest posh hotel every other day and pick up an english newspaper or magazine off the reception desk! They never checked.

Smaller ones won’t do that, but if they’re quite expensive they should do…

Chris