Hi just sending pics

(fiona mcclean) #1

Painting in oils of a hallway with dining room chair and our leather chair. Still continuing the chair theme.

Just starting to give drawing and drawing lessons based on experience of painting as I have very little experience of teaching though I have a fine art degree; but so far the two students haven't run away and are very pleased with their work. Mind you I am lucky to have two very motivated people.

Wish you luck to all those painting today.

Fiona

(fiona mcclean) #2

ps

Just checked out the chairs in the Jardins de Luxembourg - wonderful. They have given me some inspiration. Going to the beach soon with my partner who loves beaches so I will be checking out the deck chairs!

(fiona mcclean) #3

Thank you so much! I hope so,

(Ron Fox) #4

There are photographers who continually do photos of the chairs in the Jardins de Luxembourg, carefully posed those chairs take on the characteristics of people, each, in its placement, has a different character than the others. I think you are arriving at the same differentiation.

(fiona mcclean) #5

People tell me sometimes to put figures in or a cat on a chair but I have only got as far as a cat in one and a book on a table in front of a chair in another. I love the simplicity and tonal aspects of both Gwen Johns work and Morandi. I think of the images as portraits of chairs.

(Debra Lee) #6

Your chairs are marvelous. I had been thinking about doing more interiors. However, I will probably have figures in them. I have painted specialized in portraits and figurative works since I was a child. I do paint/draw other subject matter but I always go back to the human form. I am so glad you have joined this group. I love to see other artist's work.