High quality, high potency vitamin D3?

Yes, it’s without prescription. We get them from

You can get various strength combinations, and can also get them with magnesium as well. They have lots of brands at various prices.

Interestingly, this just popped up in my news feed.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2306132-vitamin-d-supplements-really-do-reduce-risk-of-autoimmune-disease/amp/

1 Like

Sadly they missed the real point of causation. The Standard American Diet (SAD) and the inflammation causing additives. Cut those from the diet! Ah but then you might not need to buy another thing to counter the problem. Wonder who funded it?
Ok no affiliations so a clean trial
Well its good news. Keep going with vitamin D3 but still reduce the things that cause the inflammation in the first case.

1 Like

I get rather cross at all the stuff casually thrown around the internet about diet, “inflammatory” foods and auto-immune diseases. It basically says to anyone with an auto-immune disease that it’s their fault and if only they ate this, or stopped eating that, or bought this particular snake oil supplement all would be well. It’s not that simple.

The immune system is hugely complex, and one’s basic genetics plays a role and can set a predilection for immune system problems. But usually needs to be triggered, and there are many different triggers. A crappy diet might be one of them for some people but that’s not universal. Hormonal influences, smoking (a big link it seems), stress, environmental pollution, sedentary lifestyle, alcohol can be implicated. However I have a young Swiss friend who is a life long health and fitness nut, and was hit hard by an AI disease. So idiopathic causes too.

There was an interesting piece of work that I’ve never been able to locate again on a small group of you g women who had early signs of potential AI problems. They changed their lifestyle (not just diet, but lifestyle) and nothing developed in the 10(?) years of the study. But once someone has an AI disease it’s impossible to determine why. So finger-wagging is irritating.

1 Like

I agree and I am not finger wagging except at the food industry. Absolutely people do not know thats the biggest crime. Hormones, they are still uncovering the links to the gut microbiome and lot stems from food or rather what is hidden. On-line the veggies argue with the keto / paleo lot but both groups do one thing in common, take ownership of their food and diet.
Diabetes, two of my friends now off their medications, a reluctant 3rd beginning the same but they need the help of their GP’s the first two now have GP’s who are converts, thats hormone derived.

1 Like

Mercola.com
You’ll pay third country charges though

(As with quite a few things over the years, Mercola was 5-15 years ahead of the mainstream. The site is interesting and generally right if you just discard the more fringe-y stuff.)

2 Likes

I went off him when I bought his keto recipe book and discovered he was advocating bacon for breakfast. :roll_eyes:
Perhaps I ought to come back. I always used to rate him highly.

I dropped out due to volume of emails but would still regard him as trustworthy and well ahead in discovering what the mainstream comes to much much later and often against establishment resistance (like Vioxx, and statins where he always was right).

You have to know what to drop out though. The retail arm seemed outsourced and different to deal with than expected but I did buy.as a thankyou to support him and he was the first onto D3 and how not just.any D3 will do.

1 Like

I view Mercola as an unscrupulous quack whose aim is to make as much money for himself as he can by peddling dodgy products.

There are other more reputable people to follow.

Good for them :sunglasses: Type 2 it can really help, but not for everyone, pity it doesn’t for type 1.

When else would you have it? :yum:

I had pancakes, scrambled egg and bacon for lunch today :yum::wink::drooling_face:

Was it a triple word score :wink:

1 Like

Part Dyslexia and a over zealous spell checker :laughing:

Hens are back producing 2 eggs a day, so poached eggs on toast for breakfast as well :laughing::wink:

1 Like

No explanation needed, doing it all the time as well :smiling_face:

That’s the headline I remember reading.
Even if you have some good ideas, one slip these days and its over.

“Slip”? How many rational people would think selling weird Covid cures is a good idea. And it’s not his first “slip”.

He has had many “slips” though hasn’t he.

That was an attempt at being diplomatic. I prefer more rational science. As I said I do remember that headline. Jumping on the bandwagon to re sell ideas from others that work like keto diet is just money spinning. As soon as I read the 5g and antivax stuff thats me out of there.

Type 2 seems way more common and rates are rising. I don’t know any type 1 diabetics but the steadying of the glucose levels from the low carbohydrate intake does seem to help type 1’s as well.
Needs an on side GP as you obviously can’t just come off the meds, that has to be done gradually as with our two friends.