Home Dental repair kit?

By any remote chance, has anyone used a dental repair kit? If so, what was your experience?

I lost a crown on Wednesday. Thinking it was a nut (or something) I’d bitten on I threw it away - not clever!
That left an exposed jagged remnant of the tooth which has been cutting into my tongue.

I managed to get to see my dentist on Thursday evening and he covered the exposed jagged tooth with a temporary filling. Unfortunately it was not enough and part of the tooth is still poking through. I’ve tried covering it with chewing gum but it’s too soft and doesn’t stay put.
Even more unfortunately my dentist is now on holiday for three weeks and the practice is closed.
Hence, my wondering (in despair) whether the home solution might work.
As my tooth has been crowned there is no pain / infection. Just the crown itself (somewhat elderly) has come unstuck. BIG mistake throwing it away. Won’t do that again in a hurry!

I have used Resine Dentaire from Laboratoire Medident before now.
It is available on line.

2 Likes

May I ask Jane, did you find it worked ok? Some of the reviews for these products imply they don’t work very well.
And then on the other hand, was it ok when the dentist came to sort you out? I’d hate to find he can’t get it off my tooth!

It is a temporary measure.
It did the job for me.

1 Like

You can get wax from an orthodontist, it sticks well but won’t compromise proper repairs, they will probably give you it for nothing and you can choose the colour :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Vero, that looks absolutely ideal - I’ve been looking at videos about it Monday is fairly hectic as I have to be in Bordeaux so I won’t be able to get to a local orthodontist, but I’m wondering, would a pharmacy have this wax?

Oh they might well, I suppose it depends how well kitted out they are for dental stuff - cire pour appareil dentaire is the stuff, I’ve only ever got it at the orthodontists’ though, when my children had braces.
Now I’m thinking I have seen it next to the floss etc but that might be wishful imagining.
There’s an orthodontist practice near the Grand Theatre

2 Likes

Bless you.

I broke a tooth during the pandemic and used a kit on the dentist’s advice, as they couldn’t see me during lockdown. Got it from Amazon. It worked very well. Had to redo every week or so and I took a bit of care chewing, but it was pretty durable. Def worth reading the instructions, by the way. Oh, and the dentist eventually drilled it out with no problems.

1 Like

UK purchase, but it was this one! DenTek Temparin Max Home Dental… https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08VXQRQN7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like