Home made ginger beer (with slight wobble)

yep… sounds similar… you can divide the “plant” and move it on…

1 Like

Shaw’s brew was our local one. Schweppes make now and it can be bought in most Super U or Intermarche. But the home made moonshine is the best.

Incidentally, the ginger drink I tried the other day… had no yeast, unlike ginger beer.
This delicious, fiery drink was homemade to a Nigerian recipe…
supposed to be healthy.

kill or cure I reckon… :rofl: :rofl:

Was it alcoholic?

what ginger beer???

Is that Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer that you have seen?

Ginger beer.

1 Like

This was from our local Carrefour, about €1.50. Sans alcool, malheureusement, but it tastes like proper ginger beer

1 Like

Like most french beers then :joy:

Though it’s actually not.

I’m not knocking it as such but it’s no different from any other mass produced fizzy drink.

thank you so much, you have given me hope to actually buy it!!! My Aussie style ‘‘punch’ just isnt’ the same without it!!! Would still like to have a go at making it.

The ‘plant’ sounds very much like the SCOBY or mother that I was using to make home made kombucha - now there is a fabulous and very healthy DIY drink! Must see if I can find someone with a mother so I can start again!

You can buy Bunderberg in the Carrefour or in Piccantino.fr

REALLY ??? I never go to Carrefour as we only have a small ‘market’ near here. I think I need to make more efforts to find it! I’ll have a look at the website - thanks!

1 Like

Fever Tree make a ginger beer and a ginger ale. I can’t judge the taste, but the their Fever Tree tonic is excellent. In Brignoles (dept 83) we find it in LeClerc & Intermarché.

1 Like

I hadn’t even told my son about this conversation and just had a call from him saying he had seen Bunderburg in a Carrefour in Perigueux! Very exciting - we used to live not too far from there in Oz and have been to the factory etc!

It is available in Leclerc, very good but expensive. Schweppes Ginger Beer is also available at Leclerc

I have clearly been walking around with my eyes closed - doh!!! At 1,99€ for a 330ml bottle of Bunderburg Schweppes will do just fine for my punch!

1 litre for €1.58 for Schweppes.

1 Like

Perfect Mat, much more my current budget!