Horses - A Dignified End

We said goodbye to our 29 year old chestnut mare last week and, having heard the horror stories of the standard ‘équarrissage’ service, were so pleased that our vet recommended Horsia to us.

Their collection and cremation service was excellent and handled in a totally empathetic and caring way by their team. Their superb organisation resulted in ‘Chess’ being picked up less then 45 minutes after she was humanely put to sleep. Not cheap but you get what you pay for and, in difficult times, they delivered. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

3 Likes

Nasty time :frowning: courage !

We went for the standard service, otherhalf didn’t want to be there when he was “collected” (her horse) so I was there when Philou was unceremoniously hoisted into the truck with one of those grab-arms just like at the scrap metal dealers. I manage to remain quite detached from all her animals but it wasn’t a nice experience at all so a good heads-up for anyone else who has to face this unfortunate event.

2 Likes

Hi Simon
Just wanted to say that I’m very sorry to hear about your mare - it’s always heart wrenching after such a long time - and that I am glad things went as well as could be expected.
Xx

Thanks Catharine much appreciated.

1 Like

Catharine pretty much took the words out of my mouth, it makes such a difference doesn’t it if what is already a sad experience is just sad for the right reasons and not awful on top.

3 Likes