House arrest - let’s look on the bright side!

Time to do the Spring Cleaning and spruce up the paintwork on the outside of the house I reckon.

1 Like

Short grain and long(er grain)?

It’s of great concern to me. Tomorrow I will measure each grain individually and calculate the total length of rice in each packet…

2 Likes

If I were you Chris, I would want to weigh each grain individually to ensure I am not being short changed…

2 Likes

Presumably the puss will give over chewing the linoleum now it can get out… :smiley:

Oo @anon20824123 you are a grousy grump-pot at times! Be a dear and stop sniping about people not getting out enough and spending too much time on their computers etc. For all you know we can replaster the ceiling and scissor the box hedge into a peacock while typing bon mots with our big toes. Get a life, and a new cap old fruit :hugs:!

10 Likes

Absolutely brilliant…best laugh for a while.
Thanks Chris.

2 Likes

It just surprises me how many people love France but then spend most of the time on the iPad, sitting in the sun and drinking a lot. So many clients I have worked for are like this. You may as well be in the Uk doing this.
Before the lockdown I would say get outside and enjoy,
Enjoy your day.

1 Like

So good you had to say it twice.

4 Likes

We were doing that yesterday, gardening.
Our ride on mower is locked away in Cluny where it went for a service.
this company also services motor cycles and agricultural equipment, so should not be locked down, but it appears that we will either have to watch the grass grow or get out the old petrol mower, which we put away because of my husband’s bad back.

Barry, not all Brits are retired or inactif. I’m sure I’m not the only one who works online and flicks over to social media from time to time for a break from concentrating on work.
You make too many assumptions about people. I get the impression you’re unhappy here so you think everyone else should be too. Sad.

9 Likes

Not me! I don’t drink and often the sun is too bright for my delicate eyes to cope with.

1 Like

People do work, Barrie, I run a business open 7 days a week (and we’re open throughout the current lock-down period), have kids at school and generally very busy lives. In short, I can’t remember the last time I sat out in the sun, wish I could but I’m at work!

1 Like

chocolates are cooling, OH is tackling the windows… and I have put some of the net curtains into soak…

White nets are turning the water black… aaargh… almost makes me feel guilty about not washing them more frequently… :thinking: :woozy_face:

I’m desperate to work but wife doesn’t want me to as apparently gardening isn’t essential, she’s worried I’m going to get fined.

1 Like

That’s what I came to France for :joy:

Our ride on mower is locked up in the repair shop, which is now closed.
The reason for closing is because of the virus, although they are not on the list of proscribed businesses.
I can understand that they do not want new customers coming into their workshop but there is nothing stopping them from delivering the mower without having direct contact with ourselves. A good dose of common sense is needed here before Jim does his back in!

Our motoculture workshop is open and they are desperate for custom to keep their guys working

1 Like

You would think that ours would do the same.
He can leave the mower in the courtyard, tell us how much it costs and we can write a cheque, put it in an envelope and throw it out of the window. Our house has a sous-sol!
No danger at all.
We are worried that he might go out of business and our mower will be stuck there or, by mistake, included in assets.

Hi totally agree. I am not retired and work online :blush: